When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
This role is a member of the Corporate Infrastructure & Security (CIS), Product and Software Security, Business Enablement team and is responsible for guiding Thermo Fisher product development and sustainment with incorporating security concepts and controls in the design of new and existing consumer products and platforms.
Location/Division Specific Information
Remote/US – Philadelphia, PA
How will you make an impact?
By enabling our product development and sustainment teams, you will help ensure that Thermo Fisher products are developed and tested against security standards, further helping our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
What will you do?
- Evaluate and provide technical security architecture guidance in the assessment of the design and implementation of products
- Provide technical subject matter expertise concerning security such as Cloud, e-Commerce, IoT, Endpoint, Network, and Servers
- Maintain and mature a holistic cybersecurity reference architecture
- Support the development of reusable technologies and software across our product space
- Work closely with key product development leaders to ensure security is incorporated in all customer-facing product offerings
- Support efforts to inject security into all levels of the product development process
- Evaluate the business processes around product security and anticipate requirements, uncover areas for improvement, and help develop and implement solutions
- Technical lead for security efforts that ensure continuous development and improvement of security integration into the product development lifecycle
- Partner with business and product leaders to lead ongoing reviews of existing processes to enable consistent application of secure development best practices across the enterprise
- Establish and build working relationships with product development stakeholders to maintain and improve product and application security processes
- Deep dive into assigned line of business and develop a clear understanding to understand the products they produce and support throughout the lifecycle, including new research and development efforts
- Consult on the relevant regulatory requirements and standards requirements for applicable products and communicate those to the product development stakeholders
- Ensure product portfolio data for assigned line of business in integrated in the Product Security Database
- Act as product liaison for security related customer requests leveraging established process
- Coordinate, support and participate in the Security Testing (penetration testing, static and dynamic analysis related activities) with internal Product and Software Security teams
- Contribute to maturing process, policy, and standards guidance
- Educate key stakeholders on program, risks, and importance of security in our products
- Work with cross-functional business units to identify, capture, and escalate, security vulnerabilities found in Thermo Fisher products and platforms
- Participate and act as a primary technical resource supporting Incident Response activities for the business
- Coordinate, participate, and deliver threat modeling for products
- Ensure excellent consistency, documentation, and process across all programs
- Lead security assessments for new and existing products through the risk assessment team
- Stay abreast of new technology developments and assess the impact to the security program to determine integration points
- Collaborate with other departments (e.g., Risk Management, Internal Audit, HR, Legal, etc.) to direct compliance issues to existing channels for investigation and resolution.
- Travel up to 25% and on call/after-hours duties may be required.
How will you get here?
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Security, Management Information Systems, Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 8 years of related work experience in product security, secure software development, risk assessment or vulnerability management
- 8+ years working as an architect or engineer in Cloud, e-Commerce, IoT, Endpoint, Network, or Servers
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Strong program development skills demonstrated by strategic planning capabilities
- Excellent communication skills geared towards executive leadership
- Strong skills in analysis and evaluation of processes and methods.
- Strong understanding of device research methods, variables and parameters including analysis, testing and documentation.
- Strong understanding of security controls.
- Strong interpersonal and documentation skills
- Strong technical skills as they apply to networking and communication protocols
- Strong understanding of regulatory requirements, especially for medical devices
- Strong understanding of standards requirements (ISO, IEC, etc.), especially for medical devices
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills
- Understanding of how to connect new and changing threats to IoT portfolio to create mitigating or compensating activities
- Exposure to popular application security standards including OWASP ASVS and Top 10, CSC 20, etc.
- Ability to explain and champion security concepts
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Strong analytical and product management skills required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Project management skills a plus
- Relevant technical certifications a plus
Apply on company website