Job Title: Senior Software Test Engineer
Location: Branford CT (May consider Remote East Coast location)
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them.
Division Specific Information
Digital Science (DSBU), part of Instruments & Enterprise Services (IES), delivers best-in-class laboratory and data management solutions. These solutions help customers advance science, become more efficient, and improve their bottom line. Our offerings craft the lab of the future, by accelerating innovation and driving efficiency. In short, it's our goal to make labs work the way laypeople think they do, with cloud-connected, instantaneous information, available seamlessly to scientists across the globe.
How will you make an impact?
We are seeking a Senior Software Test Engineer with proven automation experience to join our Software Engineering organization. The successful candidate will be responsible for designing, developing and implementing software test plans and test case solutions to address complex testing needs. The ideal applicant will able to thrive in a highly collaborative workplace and effectively engage in our processes. This is an excellent career opportunity for a professional with a software engineering and automation testing background.
What will you do?
• Crafting repeatable test cases against the application under test with traceability to acceptance requirements
• Review manual testing procedures for automation opportunities with developers and users
• Review test results and bug details with development team for feedback
• Build test scenarios that exercise multi facets of the functionality, including boundary cases, invalid data, security considerations such as SQL injection, and so on
• Influence and improve the development testing plans and the test execution processes
• Work closely with DevOps team members to deliver testing in automated pipelines according to the context of the testing environments
• Help configure testing software or data through automated scripts and/or configuration as code
• Build relationships with development and testing teams across the enterprise
• Participate in Scrum team meetings and align with SDLC requirements for ticket management, testing artifacts, and documentation
• Be able to summarize and report on a development team's progress against a testing plan and execution results
How will you get here?
BS degree desired in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related subject area with 5+ years related meaningful experience. High school diploma/GED is minimum requirement with 7+ years related professional experience.
• Successful software automation testing experience working in a corporate environment
• Solid understanding of languages such as Java, .Net, Golang or Python
• Service-orientated architecture, micro-service testing, or API testing experience
• Hands-on knowledge of Cucumber testing
• Experience building and managing relationships with test engineers on a distributed team
• Experience with Agile development practices such as Scrum or Kanban and related tools such as Atlassian Jira or Microsoft Azure DevOps
• Experience with continuous integration and delivery pipelines (Jenkins declarative, or similar)
• Experience with containerization and container orchestration with technologies including Docker, Kubernetes
• Testing awareness for cybersecurity threats (OWASP Top 10)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Dedication to continuous learning
• Willing and able to stay informed on industry trends
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/83828646
Apply on company website