Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Location: Shanghai Shi, China
Career Level: Mid-Senior Level
Industries: Healthcare, Pharmaceutical, Biotech
- Senior Software Engineer reports to spectroscopy team R&D manager
- work with business partners to understand the market requirements and turn challenges and ideas into solutions, prioritize work and design and develop software application for spectroscopic instruments and /or customer specials with high quality assurance;
- Translating complex business requirements into abstract high level (system/data) models
- Responsible for software system/component design, implementation and testing, create thorough documentation for new designs. Update documents of existing project following the software lifecycle process.
- Maintain existing project. Fix defects or make improvements collected from internal/external customers
- Refine processes of estimation, planning, development / integration, testing and deployment
- Minimum 8 years' work experience in the software development and 3+ year's in GUI design
- Proficient in C#, .Net Framework, MVC, creating WPF templates and creating clean MVVM code structure.
- Deep understanding of computer science fundamentals (Architecture, OS, Storage, Tool-chain, Communication protocols etc.)
- Must have excellent problem-solving skills and be able to work both independently and as part of a team, in an energetic, fast-paced, business-critical environment.
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Strong passion about software design and programing, capable of learning quickly and continuously, strong interest and curiosity in new technology
- Willing to take challenges and initiatives, be a team player, and with accountability.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills.
- Bachelor or master degree in Computer Science or related engineering areas is preferred;
- project experience in spectroscopy analytical instrumentation is preferred;
- Familiar with webpage development is a plus;
Apply on company website