When you're part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of more than $30 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Location/Division Specific Information
As one of the largest biotechnology companies in Germany, we research, develop and produce innovative biomarker diagnostics and distribute our products in more than 65 countries. B•R•A•H•M•S is based in Hennigsdorf near Berlin, which is home to about 285 of the company's 550 employees worldwide.
This role is responsible for managing a brought range of cross departmental projects supporting the B.R.A.H.M.S. Biomarker Business Unit of Thermo Fisher Scientific Clinical Diagnostics Division. The role requires candidates interact with all levels of the organization and requires strong communication and leadership skills coupled with extensive project management experience and understanding. Serves as the primary contact for assigned projects. Leads the assigned project teams, providing coaching or feedback to team members / management as appropriate. Manages all associated project deliverables in line with the defined responsibilities of each project team member. This role is eligible for remote work.
What will you do?
- Develop cross functional relationships across the organization to drive efficiency in the project approval and execution
- Facilitate issue resolution and/or appropriate escalation
- Monitor, control, and support project team progress
- Provide regular status updates and report outs to stakeholders and leadership
- Lead cross-functional and global teams to develop detailed project plans (timeline, scope, schedule, budget, resource, risk analysis, etc.)
- Facilitate well-planned project meetings with an agenda focused on actions, decisions and deliverables. Promptly issue minutes to ensure alignment on path forward.
- Presents options, suggestions and trade-offs to resolve roadblocks to project success.
- Prepare teams for phase gate reviews, present deliverables to Senior Management/Product Approval Committee.
- Embrace corporate practical process improvement (PPI) culture to minimize need for retracing steps and re-work.
- Lead efforts to implement new processes or tools that increase efficiency.
- Maintain project and resource information in PPM Pro Portfolio Management Software.
- Support portfolio management and preparation of portfolio reviews e.g. by providing data and information to enable business decisions
How will you get here?
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree (B.S./B.A.) minimum, preferably in a scientific/technical discipline (e.g. biology, chemistry, engineering).
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience combined between project management and product development, preferably in the life sciences or health care industries.
- Formal project management training, PMP Certification a plus
- Familiarity with In Vitro Diagnostics, Design Control Quality Systems and Immunoassays is a plus.
- Solutions oriented with a forward-focused mentality; see problems coming and develop strategic solutions
- Excellent leadership skills and the ability to influence stakeholders in other functions
- Experience & demonstrated executive-level reporting and presentations
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Exhibits and drives a sense of urgency.
- Highly collaborative with proven ability to build consensus among diverse teams.
- Proven ability to effectively deal with conflict in a team environment.
- Exceptional analytical, quantitative, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
- Driven to continuously develop self and team; act as mentor.
- Employment with an innovative, future-oriented organisation
- Outstanding career and development prospects
- Company pension scheme and other fringe benefits
- Exciting company culture which stands for integrity, intensity, involvement and innovation
If you are interested please apply online with your CV and Motivation Letter including possible start date and salary expectations.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 80,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/82396272
Apply on company website