When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE:TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $24 billion and 75,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Our five premier brands, Invitrogen, Applied Biosystems, Thermo Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services - offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
How will you make an impact?
The Sr. Program Manager will be responsible for leading New Product Introductions within the Cell Culture Business Segment. You will be accountable for all project related activities from Concept to Closure while ensuring teams follow product development/program management best practices, design control requirements are met, and budget is adhered to. This is an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated leader who can navigate the complexities of a matrix organization to achieve success.
What will you do?
- Take ownership and drive projects from inception to commercialization though the stage gate, product commercialization process.
- Lead cross-functional teams to develop detailed project plans (scope, schedule, budget, resource, risk analysis, etc.)
- Facilitate well-planned project meetings with an agenda focused on actions, decisions and deliverables. Promptly issue minutes to ensure alignment on path forward.
- Capture, prioritize, track and drive closure on all project related action items and issues including risks and mitigation plans.
- Presents options, suggestions and trade-offs to resolve roadblocks to project success. Escalate issues where and when appropriate.
- Facilitate conversations to translate “Voice of Customer” to Customer Requirements, Product Requirements and Product Specifications.
- Establish, maintain and report on project scope, schedule, resources and finances to various levels within the organization.
- Prepare teams for phase gate reviews, present deliverables to Senior Management/Product Approval Committee.
- Identify areas of improvement; lead efforts to implement new processes or tools.
- Drive external collaboration projects.
- Maintain project and resource information in PPM Pro Portfolio Management Software.
How will you get here?
- Bachelor of Science or higher degree in scientific discipline (biochemistry, chemical engineering, biotechnology, biology or chemistry).
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) preferred.
- 8+ years project management experience in new product development of consumable products, 5+ years leading cross functional teams.
- Proficient in working with MS Excel, MS Project, MS Word, MS Power Point.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Exhibits and drives a sense of urgency.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to effectively interact with diverse audiences within the organization.
- Highly collaborative with proven ability to build consensus among diverse teams.
- Superior organization and planning skills.
- Proven ability to effectively deal with conflict in a team environment.
- Exceptional analytical, quantitative, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
- Driven to continuously develop self and team; act as mentor.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/73736180
Apply on company website