The job:Job Title: Senior Manager, Europe Business Development, Microbiology Location: United Kingdom, Nordics, France or Italy – Remote near an airport.
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer and COVID-19, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
This is a new role supporting the newly created Sample Collection and Transport Business within the Microbiology Division.
The Senior Manager Business Development is responsible for achieving profitable growth in the assigned region. You will lead account strategy development, build strong customer relationships and work closely with divisional, channel and corporate commercial teams to execute programs. You will support Thermo Fisher Scientific Microbiology Division strategies by facilitating and implementing programs within the MBD Business units and Commercial Team.
You will develop relationships with Key Channel Partners and Thermo Fisher Scientific Corporate Accounts Team to support initiatives being driven at the senior level within assigned accounts.
You will develop relationships at senior levels within accounts and in the various MBD Business Units to plan and execute an account strategy designed to maximize Thermo Fisher revenues and partner at the highest levels with the customer.
What will you do?
- Achieve sales goals for assigned region. Develop and execute account strategy to drive growth, increased market share and margin expansion.
- Develop strategic accounts business plan to optimize commercial performance, identifying key areas of short-term and long-term growth
- Build strategic relationships with key customer stakeholders, e.g., sourcing / procurement, scientific leadership, lab managers, etc.
- Lead the collaborative development and implementation of portfolio-based based strategies to drive improved market share in assigned accounts. Act as a cross-divisional “bridge” to build differentiated value propositions.
- Coordinate divisional, channel and corporate sales teams. Support sales organization by building relationships, sharing best practices, and improving efficiencies and communication.
- Serve as key MBD commercial point of contact for channel and global account executives.
- Represent all region customer sites for targeted accounts. Serve as representative for global initiatives as applicable.
- Manage the interface between the accounts and MBD Representatives
- Drive internal communication and coordination across account management team
- As a member of the MBD sales and marketing team, provide market insight and input into commercial tools, programs and processes that can be leveraged broadly across the organization.
- Utilize SIOP process and work with BU Planning teams to forecast large wins to ensure supply
- Provide commitments of expected bookings and sales revenue through the monthly MBR process and assume ownership of accuracy
- Serve as mentor for commercial organization on strategic selling approaches.
- Lead RFP strategy development, positioning, and response.
- Recommend portfolio and pricing strategies for assigned accounts.
- Routinely provide account and industry updates and reports to relevant stakeholders.
- Control expenses against pre-established budget and submit required reports on a timely basis
- Develop relationships at senior levels within the assigned accounts to advance MBD's access and opportunities
- Create account leverage across the breadth of the portfolio
- Align specific proposals and offerings to company objectives by working with division marketing teams
- Define opportunities and initiatives such as bundles, incentives, and rebates to bias the relationship towards significant improvement in share of spend with Thermo Fisher
- Conduct regular business updates to key stakeholders within client company and within Thermo Fisher.
How will you get here?
- Bachelor's degree in business or sciences required
- MBA or advanced degree in business or sciences highly desirable
- Several years relevant commercial and/or marketing experience with strong senior level strategic account experience with a proven track record of success selling equipment, consumables or reagents.
- Demonstrated experience managing complex, higher-value accounts with proven ability to coordinate activities and influence actions in a matrix environment
- Ability to develop customer strong customer relationships, especially at leadership levels, and to translate customer business goals and challenges into company-provided solution requirements. Strong customer service focus.
- Strong role model sales leader with ability to develop and motivate people across MBD
- Experience of developing strategic initiatives with a strong emphasis on execution of commercial growth drivers
- A solid foundation in financial skills used in a selling environment to demonstrate Return On Investment
- Substantiated capability to effectively negotiate and close business with channel partners
- Strong written and oral communication, organizational, and project management skills. Ability to effectively articulate company value proposition with executive level contacts.
- Knowledge of the trends, financial and profitability drivers for assigned customers
- Demonstrated skills in leadership, strategic selling, negotiating, presentation and financial/business acumen
- Experience in OEM sales desirable
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere; direct and influence others to achieve results
- Energetic, motivated and resourceful. Ability to think strategically.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint a must
- Experience in diagnostics sales
- Senior level strategic account management
- Experience managing complex, higher-value accounts with proven ability to coordinate activities and influence actions in a matrix environment
- Demonstrated results through influence of indirect reporting relationships in a matrixed environment.
- Minimum 50% travel
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000+ extraordinary minds have a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/82519055
Apply on company website