We are recruiting for a Senior Field Applications Specialist (FAS) to join our Purification team. As an FAS you will act as a trusted expert to our customers, providing scientific expertise, support and training on our POROS and CaptureSelect products (Chromatography resins). You will lead technical discussions with our customers on their downstream purification challenges, positioning ThermoFisher Scientific capabilities to best support their needs and provide solutions.
This is a field-based role and, when safe to do so, will involve regular travel (on average, 2 to 3 days per week) to meet with your customers across the UK, Ireland and Nordic countries (Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland & Iceland). When not travelling, you will be able to work from home. Due to the ongoing pandemic, when you initially start in role travel will be very limited and you will be working from home the majority of your time. We can be fairly flexible on candidate location and are happy to consider qualified candidates based in a variety of locations across the UK, Ireland and Nordics, providing you are within commuting distance of an international airport.
Join us and develop your career with a global organization which prioritizes career development, allowing you to achieve your best – both personally and professionally.
What will you do?
- Partner with local sales team to drive the technical aspects of pre and post sales activities with our customers
- Contribute to presales activities by providing technical presentations on the features and benefits of POROS and CaptureSelect products; holding technical discussions on downstream purification challenges and solutions; positioning of Thermo Fisher Scientific capabilities to support customer needs
- Consulting on product evaluations, purification process development and chromatography optimisation
- Contribute to post sales activities including technical troubleshooting and supporting column packing activities from lab to manufacturing scale
- Work with the POROS Applications and Product Management team in the US and the CaptureSelect Application and Product Management team in The Netherlands, providing Voice of Customer to support product development activities
- Draft detailed technical reports following customer interactions
- Deal with customer queries/complaints in a timely and professional manner
- Maintain up to date technical expertise
- Provide feedback on technical problems and their respective solutions and share expertise & knowledge amongst the team
- Present Thermo Fisher Scientific Chromatography capabilities and value proposition at external conferences and at customer sites
Who we are looking for:
- M.Sc. or higher degree in a Life Science or relevant science subject (Biotechnology, (Bio)chemical Engineering, Biochemistry, Biology, Chemistry)
- Significant experience in a downstream processing role where purification methods were developed, scaled and validated and/or experience in a similar customer-facing applications or product specialist role
- Demonstrable experience with gene therapy and/or vaccine processes and applications highly desirable
- Commercial awareness and the ability to work in line with the goals of a matrixed commercial organisation
- Experience with common chromatography systems at lab, pilot and manufacturing scale, including high throughput systems, and the ability to operate and interpret data from commonly used chromatography software programmes
- Hands-on experience of small, pilot and manufacturing scale column packing
- Knowledge of analytics used to support purifications processes, including HPLC, ELISA, SDS-PAGE and Spectroscopy and ability to interpret such data sets
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently
- Excellent problem solving, data analysis and troubleshooting skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Willingness to travel within EMEA and internationally as required, including some overnight stays
- Fluent in English (verbal & written)
- Fluency in an additional European language would be advantageous but not essential
- Valid driving licence
What's in it for you:
- Excellent career progression opportunities with a large and growing global employer
- Competitive salary, plus performance bonus
- Company car
- Generous benefits package
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them.
Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon.
With Thermo Fisher Scientific, it's not just a career. It's a chance to realise your best – professionally and personally.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/82374627
Apply on company website