- Creating the cross-divisional vision and strategy for fulfillment across India, establishing the footprint, organization structure and team to deliver this strategy, ensuring that best practices are implemented and that the team has market leading skills; this includes alignments to the commercial and product strategies.
- Driving common processes, disciplines, systems and metrics across the planning function.
- Leading and facilitating collaboration between manufacturing sites and supply chain functions to maximize customer service while balancing inventory investment and operating expense.
- Manage transportation budget and activities for inbound and outbound flows. Oversight for transportation provider and 3rd party distribution centers.
- Managing physical distribution network optimization and performance.
- Leveraging ERP (SAP) and advanced planning systems to enable best practice operating efficiencies.
- Utilize and refine a robust array of key performance indicators (KPI) to monitor and drive performance and continuous improvement; analytics underpinned by supply chain analyst(s) and transactional databases.
- Assessing, developing, and refining the overall planning, procurement, distribution and logistics skill set in the organization.
- Driving “Safety” and “Compliance” across all CSP and LSPs ; and Transportation and logistics teams.
Key Metrics, Processes and Systems
Senior Director - Supply Chain is responsible for taking a driver's seat for key processes of SIOP for Local Stock and Sale driven businesses and Commercial Operations for Direct Factory Driven Businesses. A hand on knowledge of SAP and APO will be an advantage. The key metrics to be driven by the position are as follows:
- Customer Allegiance Score for Order Fulfillment
- Customer Service - Forecast Accuracy, LIFR, OTD
- Inventory – DOS, Excess & Obsolete , IRA
- Cost & Productivity - % SC cost, Cost Savings v/s Previous Year , SC Productivity
- Revenue - % Revenue Forecast Achievement
- Bachelors degree in Business Management, Supply Chain / logistics or related field is required.
- MBA or Masters Degree in Supply Chain Management or related field is strongly preferred.
- Other: CPSM (Certified Supply Chain Management), CPIM (Certified in Production and Inventory Management) or CSCP (Certified Supply Chain Professional) certification preferred.
- 15+ years of supply chain management experience in progressively senior positions including operations experience Superior role model leadership behaviors – ability to lead an organization (and influence others) while actively displaying the Company's 4-I Values – Integrity, Innovation, Intensity and Involvement
- Progressive responsibilities in all areas of Supply Chain including (but not limited to) planning / procurement, distribution operations and transportation.
- Ability to drive operational excellence and best practices across the supply chain organization (Global experience preferred)
- Clear understanding and experience in all facets of international trade across a global supply chain including tariffs, duty (drawback), FTZ, regulations, bonded warehousing, etc.
- Demonstrated ability for developing and executing a supply chain strategy across a variety of facilities supporting multiple divisions.
- Strong analytical, financial and P&L skills required to succeed.
- In-depth knowledge of key supply chain / logistics processes and current best practices.
- Ability to quickly establish credibility across organization and to engage and influence others to ensure the most effective and efficient solutions for the varied business units.
- Understanding of LEAN supply chain, and contemporary fulfillment / logistics practices, particularly in an environment with a seasonal market for products.
- Must have experience in supporting multiple channels to market and with 3rd party transportation and warehousing partners.
- Systems savvy and have had experience in optimizing performance through effective utilization of ERP/ planning systems.
- Demonstrated ability to team with other strong functional leaders to achieve common goals and commitments, and to act as a change agent, able to inspire confidence, communicate and operate effectively with both direct and indirect internal organizations as well as external suppliers and customers.
- A successful track record of coaching, teaching, and developing the skills and motivation necessary to reach superior levels of performance.
- Experience in establishing key performance indicator metrics to be able to benchmark, track, and continuously improve overall performance.
- A strong preference exists for candidates who have a track record of success in people leadership skills, including attracting, developing, and retaining successor-level talent. Position entails up to 20% travel.
Apply on company website