Senior Account Manager, BioServices – Clinical Trials
At the BioServices business unit of the Clinical Trials Division (CTD) of Thermo Fisher Scientific, we specialize in the management of critical biological materials in support for the advancement of cell therapy, high value biologics, and population-based public health research. We provide customized end-to-end chain of custody solutions for our large pharmaceutical clients and partners in academia and government, ensuring the integrity and efficacy of their valued material from the manufacturer to the bedside. BioServices is a business unit of Thermo Fisher Scientific, the world leader in serving science, and member of the Clinical Trials Division within the Pharma Services Group (PSG).
BioServices is a business that manages critical biological materials for customers Academia, Biotech, GMP biologics, and population-based public health research. The Senior Account Manager is responsible for selling various clinical trial, biorepository/biobanking, laboratory and kit production services within a defined territory. The Senior Account Manager will be responsible for ensuring effective customer relations, develops opportunities for growth within an existing customer base, and assures market penetration and profitability while achieving sales and profit forecasts.
Remotely based in any major city within the Northeast, MidAtlantic or Midwest US.
What will you do?
- Maintain effective customer relations with purchasing and end users within assigned territory.
- Leverage available resources to meet customer needs and work effectively with cross-functional team of internal resources.
- Drive sales strategies to meet plan and expand business within assigned territory; Maintain a pipeline of opportunities to meet or exceed sales objectives; generate and qualify leads, perform outbound marketing campaigns.
- Perform sales calls with all customers and potential customers in the assigned territory.
- Research competitor and industry activity and keep informed of new products/services and other general information of interest to customers incorporating this data in the business plan; Introduces new products and services.
- Manage pricing within territory to control profitability.
- Achieve sales targets additional MBO's (Management By Objectives) as needed.
- Engage and participate in a PPI (Practical Process Improvement) environment.
- Bachelor's degree required, Business or Science preferred.
- 5+ years' experience in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology or clinical trials industry.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements for the operation of a pharmaceutical and biotechnology services company, particularly with the U.S. Government Food and Drug Administration is a strong plus.
- Professional presentation skills and ability to network within management ranks.
- Effective negotiation and influencing skills.
- Ability to establish a functional, home office environment to effectively manage assigned responsibilities.
- Ability to travel extensively (~50%) within the defined territory, as well as based on business need (trade shows, supporting site visits, attending team meetings etc).
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/75736008
Apply on company website