When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of more than $24 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The business segment manufactures and supplies chromatography instrumentation and consumables within our Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry Division. These products are sold to a world-wide market predominantly made up of pharmaceutical companies, universities, hospitals, government institutions and a wide range of industrial companies in varying fields of activity.
Applications and technical support play an important role in terms of determining customer perception and demonstrating the capability of the product range. We are looking to hire an Application Scientist to provide strong product line support as a key differentiator for our products and services in the marketplace.
This remote position can be located anywhere in CA. No relocation provided.
How will you make an impact?
This key individual will deliver technical support services by providing technical information regarding the application of LC, Bio LC, Sample Handling and Sample Preparation products. The full range of products needs to be supported in a professional manner and this will entail up to 75% travel on Company business.
What will you do?
- Helps to maintain and increase product usage and supporting Pre-sales efforts through technical presentations and demonstrations.
- Provides frontline training and troubleshooting of issues related to user's technical skills, method development and experimental design.
- Develops and maintains positive and collaborative relationships with customers in assigned territory.
- Works with other team members to develop sales and field applications technical training programs and participates in their execution.
- Develops and improves key company processes that support our mission of building a world-class customer support organization.
- Provides pre- and post-sale support to customers.
- Improves product knowledge and sales techniques
How will you get here?
- Minimum educational requirement is PhD, or MS in chemistry with 5+ years' experience or BS in analytical chemistry with 10+ year experience
- 5+ years' experience in an analytical chemistry or chromatography related role
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Proficiency in HPLC including troubleshooting, method development and training.
- Clear Communication skills
- Ability to work independently and self-motivation
- Strong organizational and time management skills needed as well.
- Knowledge of mass spec a plus.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/82053998
Apply on company website