When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE:TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $24 billion and 75,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Our five premier brands, Invitrogen, Applied Biosystems, Thermo Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services - offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
How will you make an impact?
We are searching for a talented Scientist II that will plan and carry out laboratory experiments and assays associated with the development of novel cell culture media formulations and processes. The candidate will plan and carry out laboratory experiments and assays associated with the development of novel cell culture media formulations and processes.
What will you do?
- Designs experimental plans with guidance and executes experiments, analyzes data, generates laboratory protocols, and contributes to technical reports and product summaries
- Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of data requires an evaluation of various factors
- Troubleshoots and solves problems in the design/execution of development projects
- Exhibits creativity in selecting approaches and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Investigates new methods and technologies and maintains accurate lab notebook to support protection of intellectual property in accordance with relevant Thermo Fisher required standards
- Maintains knowledge of principles and theories through familiarity with competing technologies and/or products and review of current scientific literature
- Presents data internally and contributes to external publications when appropriate
- Interacts with other internal departments (i.e., Business Development, Quality, Operations, Technical Services, and/or Marketing) in the commercialization of new products
- Performs duties independently with guidance from manager
- Complies with all company safety, training, and quality regulations (e.g., ISO compliance, GLP/GMP requirements, etc.) and procedures
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned
How will you get here?
- Bachelor's degree with 2 plus years of experience or Master's degree in Biology, Bioengineering, Biochemistry or other related discipline, or equivalent knowledge and experience
- Familiar with methods and techniques of small-scale mammalian cell culture
- Basic understanding of statistical analysis
- Demonstrated competence in data analysis
- Demonstrated ability to identify and solve problems of moderate scope
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate scientific results in a clear, concise, & accurate manner
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to efficiently evaluate and manage multiple project tasks
- Frequent technical interaction with colleagues and members of other departments
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Understanding of chemical, biochemical and physical interactions of cell culture media and reagent components
- Previous cell culture experience with cell lines used in protein production applications (e.g. CHO, HEK293, NS0)
- Previous experience with cell types used in cell therapy applications (e.g. T cells, MSC, ESC) or cell lines used in the production of viral vaccines (e.g. Vero, MRC-5, BHK)
- Familiarity with the operation of bench-top stirred tank bioreactors and related process development laboratory equipment as well as the scale-up of bioreactor and mixing systems
- Experience with high-throughput cell culture technologies (e.g. ambr15)
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/73740098
Apply on company website