Scientist 1 - PRD
When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
Florence, SC – API
How will you make an impact?
This is an entry-level opportunity to support the Process R&D efforts at the Florence, SC facility.
What will you do?
- Conduct chemical experiments in laboratory as instructed by a senior staff supervisor
- Accurately record and report experiments and scientific findings per assigned departmental standards in a timely manner to meet project objectives
- Consistently comply with Thermo Fisher housekeeping standards
- Implement cGMP procedures
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment within the framework of OSHA, cGMP, safety regulations and Thermo Fisher SOPs
- Laboratory personnel will be responsible for disposing of any hazardous waste they generate in accordance with Patheon's Hazardous Waste Training including but not limited to:
- DHEC and EPA Hazardous Waste requirements
- Hazardous Waste Satellite Area definition and requirements
- Hazardous Waste container requirements
- Hazardous Waste Labeling
- Emergency Response Plan
How will you get here?
Education and Experience
- BS/BA degree in chemistry or BS in science plus 0-3 years appropriate experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Good knowledge of modern organic chemistry, synthetic methodologies.
- Practical knowledge of purification techniques such as crystallization and chromatography.
- Good knowledge and understanding of basic instrumental technologies.
- Good problem-solving skills and logical approach to solving scientific problems.
- Demonstrable interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written).
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website