Relocation Benefits Are Available For This Role
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
The BioProduction Division is one of the fastest growing businesses in the company, supporting developers and manufacturers of biological-based therapeutics and vaccines. Our site in Miami, OK continues to grow and our business is driving performance in bioprocessing through collaboration with our customers.
How will you make an impact?
As the Quality Site Head, Sr. Manager reporting in to the Sr. Director of Quality for the Bioproduction division you will be responsible for the overall quality management system for the Millersburg Pennsylvania site. You'll manage the quality team to achieve Quality objectives and ensure compliance with industry standards and customer expectations for Single Use Technology products. The person in this role will determine, organize and apply necessary resources to meet identified Quality initiatives and ensure that Corporate, Regulatory, Quality requirements are met. As the Quality site Head, the role will also focus on insuring that staff engagement is maintained at a high level through development planning, Gemba, skip level and 1:1 meetings. The role will also collaborate with other Quality site heads within BPD on division-wide initiatives that are focused on enhancements to the quality system in order to meet expectations placed on our customers and ensure harmonization of processes so that the customer experience is the same across all products.
What will you do?
- Responsible for working with Site Leadership Team to deliver on site goals and objectives
- Collaborate with the various functions to ensure the quality management system is comprehensive, incorporates best practices, and is consistent with the strategic plan.
- Support and provide expertise to the Quality Management System (QMS) and Quality department to successfully meet or exceed goals and targets
- Educate and mentors employees on the site QMS and other quality/operational programs and processes
- Provide the necessary leadership and strategic planning to develop, implement and maintain a quality assurance and quality control program to support the business mission and ongoing continuous improvement effort.
- Formulates and oversees maintenance of quality control objectives and coordination with production procedures to maximize product quality.
- Instill and maintain a quality culture.
- Provide input and direction to resolve quality related issues through proper inspections, root cause analysis and corrective actions plans.
- Apply quality risk management in order to facilitate a culture of risk identifiers.
- Ensure continuous improvement through the Practical Process Improvement (PPI).
- Serves as key member of product teams, with focus on quality planning for new products/processes.
- Monitors quality performance for the Millersburg, PA site, reports progress, and keeps leadership informed of progress, issues, corrective action, and customer complaints.
- Provide direction to ensure compliance with all applicable customer requirements and government regulations involving product quality.
How will you get here?
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited higher learning institution
- 8+ years Quality experience
- Experience working in a manufacturing and/or production environment
- Experience working and providing customer support, investigations, and relationship management
- Experience working successfully in a fast paced environment
- Experience supporting change management efforts
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Proven communication and customer management skills
- Hands on knowledge of products and applications
- Understands the BioProduction customer and required compliance regulations for our products and processes
- Must model the highest degree of moral and ethical behavior and maintain confidential information
- Proactive and takes ownership for producing positive results
- Is a strong leader and contributes as a valued team member and colleague with leaders at all levels
- Demonstrates personal awareness and desire for continual learning and personal development
- Keeps commitments; exhibits candor and courage - is not afraid to establish a visible presence and point of view, to engage in spirited and constructive debate, to hold others accountable
- Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments
- Must possess the presentation skills and professionalism to project a professional image, both internally and externally.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills are essential.
- Good understanding of customers, products, and regulatory compliance
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/75754747
Apply on company website