Work shift- 42 hour continental shift pattern
Division Specific Information
The Laboratory Products Group (LPD) unites deep scientific expertise, a collaborative culture and rich resources to deliver the lab equipment and consumables that our customers need to achieve their scientific goals – quickly, reliably and safely. Our smart lab solutions make it faster and easier for our customers to focus on what matters most – delivering answers and innovations that save and improve lives.
Our laboratory equipment products are used primarily by pharmaceutical companies for drug discovery and development and by biotechnology companies and universities for life science research to advance the prevention and cure of diseases and enhance quality of life. Our offering consists of equipment, accessories, and services for sample preparation, storage and protection, and analysis.
Our laboratory consumables products include plastics, glass, and related equipment that customers use every day to support their scientific research, drug discovery and development, quality and process control, and clinical and basic research and development needs.
What will you do?
- Carry out regular inspections of the production processes and documentation.
- Ensure clean room practices and discipline are being observed, by carrying out GMP audits.
- Conduct critical product testing to ensure compliance with relevant standards.
- Assist in the training of production operatives in quality procedures and processes.
- Carry out random finished product audits.
- Conduct quality trials as requested and support in product/process validations.
- Participate in and facilitate RCA and CAPA/NCR projects as required.
- Monitor the internal rework process to ensure all rework is identified, controlled and executed in a timely manner.
- Review and update critical QMS documentation such as Master Quality Specifications, Work Instructions, forms, route cards etc.
- Support the department in ensuring adherence to procedures/processes.
Who we are looking for: experience, skills & abilities
- In possession of or working towards a formal Quality qualification such as the CQI Certificate in Quality or Higher Certificate in Quality.
- Good standard of education with excellent numerical and writing skills.
- Previous experience in blow/injection moulding and/or extrusion.
- Excellent communicator, able to communicate with all levels of the business.
- Confidence to make decisions.
- Previous experience in a quality role in the medical device, IVD or pharmaceutical sectors would be advantageous.
- Ability to self-manage time and workload.
- Fully conversant in Microsoft Word and Excel.
What's in it for you:
- Competitive package
- Excellent benefits - contributory pension scheme, life assurance + flexible additional benefits.
- 25 days annual holiday plus UK bank holidays
- Training, career progression and opportunities within a world leader in serving science.
As the world leader in serving science, our work is more than something that fills our days. When you're part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. It's not just a career, it's a chance to realise your best – professionally and personally.
Join us and contribute to our mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today!
Apply on company website