This position is under the direction of the Manufacturing Engineering Manager and includes responsibilities related to managing projects for new equipment design, development, build, improvement, and other complex projects. Duties will include project planning, budget management, scheduling, team leading, updating, communicating, status, follow-up, and project approval.
- Develop project plans containing complete scope of work identifying all project requirements, tasks, resource assignments and an accurate estimate for task completion
- Manage expense and capital spending associated with projects
- Lead, motivate and inspire project cross-functional team members
- Communicate status and updates for projects – keep stake holders informed of project progress and potential roadblocks, provide meeting minutes and action items to team, create/update project plans (Gantt charts) on a regular basis
- Coordinate projects from initiation through delivery – present projects for approval, plan and direct completion of all required product development activities or project deliverables
- Coordinate team efforts to develop and document design history files per design control requirements
- BS/BA Degree, Engineering or Technical Field preferred
- 2 years of Project Management experience or master's degree in relevant field
- New equipment development and build experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications; Word, Excel, Project, and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication skills (written/verbal), demonstrated team leadership and management skills
- Demonstrated budget responsibilities
- Highly self-motivated, flexible, able to follow through, and can work under pressure with associated deadlines
- Organized, detail oriented and proactive; able to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously; able to work with many different types of personalities
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website