Production Supervisor, Night Shift – Lenexa, KS
Our team in Lenexa, KS is at the heart of the global response to COVID-19. Given the significant demand for COVID-19 testing, Thermo Fisher is expanding our capacity in Lenexa with a new $40 million facility dedicated to viral transport media (VTM) for COVID-19 sample collection. We are hiring more than 300 new team members to join us in this effort.
- Full-Time Employment Opportunities – Complete with full medical/dental benefits and more
- Redesigned/Expanded site – Refresh of existing site + a nearby new facility
Interested? We are growing and want you to grow with us! Join us today! Check out our site and hear from some of our team members.
What will you do?
As one of our valued Production Supervisors working on a 12-hour rotational shift, you'll help support our commitment to increase production of 8M VTM tubes a week for the testing and diagnosis of Covid-19 in our communities and around the world by leading a team of manufacturing personnel. You'll utilize lean tools to improve operations, product quality, compliance and provide your team the tools needed to work safely and efficiently.
- You'll hire, train, and supervise great talent
- You'll help them grow and develop through performance reviews and coaching
- You'll review and update Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) ensuring consistent and reliable processes and procedures comply with all regulations and current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP)
- You'll be a safety advocate by creating and maintaining a safe work environment, engaging your team in safe working habits and conditions
- You'll continuously assess, implement and maintain our safety and ergonomic high standards
- You'll track, monitor, and analyze production performance to improve quality, reduce waste, and improve efficiencies
- You'll investigate and help solve production problems
- You'll promote production effectiveness by partnering with other teams and shifts to maintain or improve quantity and quality of production
- You'll have a Bachelor's Degree
- You'll preferably have 3+ years of experience working in a manufacturing environment and preferably 3 + years in a supervisory role
- You'll preferably have knowledge of FDA, cGMP/QSR, and ISO
- You'll preferably have experience working with Lean Enterprise and Project Management Tools
- You'll communicate well, both verbally and written in English, and be comfortable performing basic math
- You'll have knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Power Point
- You'll be able to lift up to 50 lbs. and be comfortable standing for long periods of time (around 12 hours a day)
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/75754811
Apply on company website