The Materials and Structural Analysis Electron Microscopy business enables customers to find meaningful answers to questions that accelerate breakthrough discoveries, increase productivity, and ultimately change the world. We design, manufacture, and support the broadest range of high-performance microscopy workflows that provide images and answers in the micro-, nano-, and picometer scales. Combining hardware and software expertise in electron, ion, and light microscopy with deep application knowledge in the materials science, life sciences, electronics, and natural resources markets, the worldwide Electron Microscopy employees are dedicated to customers' pursuit of discovery and resolution to global challenges.
What will you do?
- Own sales development responsibilities of Electron Microscopy products to North America pharma sites
- Partner with Thermo Fisher Pharma Corporate Accounts team to penetrate Pharma market
- Collaborate with sales partners to confirm system configurations, specifications and acceptance conditions are appropriate for closing orders.
- Initiate/ identify/create new opportunities, schedule and give product seminars and workshops, coordinate demonstrations with hardware and software applications engineering team, and grow the pharma sales opportunity pipeline for the Americas
- Deliver bookings and revenue for Life Science products consistent with allocated quarterly target/yearly budget
- Represent Electron Microscopy business at high level meetings and marketing events with customers and pharmaceutical company at the technical user, CSO, CIO and CTO level
- Develop and maintain relationships with leaders in the Pharmaceutical industry
- Support the full sales cycle for Electron Microscopy Life Sciences workflow solutions, including making initial contact, providing technical expertise through sales presentations and demonstration
- Assess key performance metrics of Electron Microscopy value proposition to align with pharma company success standards
- Provide regular feedback/assessment of pharma market requirements for Protein, Cell, and Tissue products in the Americas region
- Other duties as assigned
- Master's degree in life sciences required / PhD preferred
- Experience in electron Microscopy and specifically CryoEM
- Previous experience servicing a pharmaceutical company is preferred
- Highly developed negotiation skills for customer interaction and closure of sales and other issues
- Outstanding written/oral communication skills, interpersonal skills and an ability to effectively interact at a senior executive level
- Demonstrated ability to develop deep customer relationships and credibility to gain insight into customers' requirements
- Ability to travel both domestically as well as internationally and ability to obtain a valid passport
- Fosters a success-oriented, accountable environment within the company, modeling the company 4i values. Builds a great working environment for the employees. Attracts, develops, retains, and motivates the talent needed to be a world class, high performing team.
- Travel requirement depends on candidate's location; travel up to 50% may be required
- Experience working with pharmaceutical company purchasing department and procedures
- 10 years' experience in a relevant technical sales environment, specific experience in pharmaceutical sales, marketing or corresponding large-scale imaging or analysis equipment sales
- Cryo-EM experience (PhD level preferred)
- Creativity and innovation
- Planning and Organization
- Attention to details and results
- Business acumen
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/75757203
Apply on company website