Job Title: Product Manager – Platform API & Integration
Requisition ID: 120924BR
Location: US - Remote
What will you do?
Thermo Fisher is seeking a Platform API Product Manager who is obsessed with customer experience, is technologically savvy, and has a passion for the digitization of science.
The vision of the Digital Science Business Unit is to make it easy for scientific customers and partners (internal and external) to connect devices, analytics software , and enterprise data systems into our digital platform. This individual will help define, prototype, and launch new integration products (API offering, SDK) that will accelerate our Digital Science efforts into laboratories around the world. The API Product Manager will be responsible for developing and translating the overall Digital Services vision into an integration strategy and a product roadmap to drive customer adoption of the digital tools, create a competitive advantage, and accelerate revenue growth across our target markets. Some of these capabilities require building new technologies/services that currently do not exist and will require a technical deep dive to determine how best to build and deliver them.
The ideal candidate will possess a combination of business and technical skills they will utilize as part of a team to successfully meet the position's objectives.
- Articulate the integration and API vision and translate this into product requirements and prioritization with development team
- Demonstrate ownership of the full life-cycle of API and SDK products including strategy and definition, feature roadmap, and delivery
- Manage and drive multiple products to create a foundation for a multi-sided platform marketplace
- Have radical ownership of your products, including leading cross-functional teams to ensure on time and quality delivery, and escalating issues and risks to drive solutions forward
- Work with business units and marketing teams to define the global go-to-market strategy for attracting developers onto our platform
As platform integration lead, you will:
- Seek out best practices of multi-sided platform integration in other industries
- Understand modern information technology approaches to integrating scalable software systems that are cloud-ready
- Conduct Voice of the Customer, competitive research, and financial / business case analyses
- Understanding of the biotechnology space is a plus
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Understands web service architecture styles utilizing HTTP/1.1 protocol, RESTful APIs, and OIDC authentication protocol
- Security mind-set leveraging DevSecOps principles
- Familiarity with Agile Software Development and regulated processes
- Ability to influence without authority
- Knowledge of laboratory software, processes, methods, and workflows is a plus
How will you get there?
- Bachelor's degree in scientific or business field with 3-5 years of product management experience required
- Master's and/or MBA degree in scientific/business field preferred
- 3+ years of experience in creating API/developer platforms
- Experience with API management and lifecycles including road mapping, versioning, and deprecation
- Domestic and international travel 15-20% of the time
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/77009561
Apply on company website