This position can be located remotely: Mid West preferred.
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
In this key role, you will be responsible for the overall order fulfillment team performance and execution of the daily purchasing, sales order scheduling, and order fulfillment logistics operations for the Americas. This includes monitoring of the order fulfillment factory / vendor schedules and to ensure compliance to the timely processing and fulfillment of all instrument orders for the Americas.
What will you do?
- Set team goals, formulate plans to achieve those goals , and track results
- Develop / revise relevant work instructions and training for the order fulfillment team
- Lead, motivate, coach and supervise the Order Fulfillment team
- Foster cross-functional teamwork and builds a safe environment which encourages and establishes trust
- Oversee daily order fulfillment business operations which include Sales Order scheduling, creation of purchase orders, auditing of relevant master data and purchasing info records, closing, monitoring / coordinating shipments globally to customers in the Americas
- Plan and prioritize work flow and project assignments within the team
- Monitor efficiency and productivity to ensure the following service standards and key performance indicators (KPIs) are met –
- Review all open sales orders and backlog to ensure thorough follow-up with supply sites, local procurement and buyers for availability dates and inform Order Management of any potential misses to the commit dates
- Handle escalated issues either through direct personal action or referral to the respective individuals/departments.
- Identify process gaps and issues, and recommend process improvements and system enhancements for enhanced efficiency and productivity.
- Proactively communicate changes to the department and effectively manage the team's priorities during high order volume peaks.
- Ensures compliance to company policies and procedures
BS degree in Business, Operations, Supply Chain or related field.
- Three plus years' experience in supply chain and logistics, order processing or purchasing role.
- Strong supervisory experience.
- Strong ability to coach and mentor staff.
- Experience in working with SAP R3, is a STRONG PLUS.
- Working knowledge of import and export trade compliance (HTS, ECCN, COO, Valuation, etc.) is desired
- Strong experience with MS Office Suite: Word and Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to organize and handle high pressure situations
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines as well as communicate KPI's to leadership
- Analytical and process thinking with a focus on continuous improvement
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement
This position has not been approved to provide relocation assistance
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/75744430
Apply on company website