JOB TITLE: Manufacturing Science and Technology (MS&T) Co-Op, Lexington, MA
Thermo Fisher Scientific-Viral Vector Services (VVS) is a rapidly growing, dynamic gene therapy contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO) that is seeking sharp individuals to bring the highest quality processes, products and testing to our clients. Our employees are committed to making a difference in our organization, for our client partners and the patients we serve. We are looking for top talent with proven competencies and strong character to join our team and help lead our organization into the future.
When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
The Manufacturing Sciences & Technology Intern will report into the Sr. Manager MST, Lexington. This position is located in Lexington, MA supporting the Viral Vector Service group.
How will you make an impact?
The MS&T Intern will support Manufacturing Sciences and Technology activities in support of late stage clinical viral vector processes such as process technology transfer, process validations, data trending and analysis, risk assessments and investigations. This position requires close interaction with the MS&T colleagues, and other departments. This role will focus on aspects of ensuring a robust, scalable and efficient manufacturing processes to produce late-phase human clinical trial and commercial gene transfer vector products.
What will you do?
- Executing scale down model of manufacturing processes, ensuring materials are in place documentation is followed and completed real time.
- Performance of analytical assays
- Data gathering and analysis for process trending and investigation of root causes of deviations for cGMP manufacturing
- Generation of protocols and reports, detailed process descriptions, process flow diagrams, risk assessments and related documentation
- Creating and maintaining tools to enhance MS&T operational efficiency
- Ensures adequate training (skills-based, cGMP and Safety) is kept up-to-date
Education & Qualifications:
- Enrolled in a university studying Biochemical, Chemical Engineering or a related scientific discipline such as Chemistry or Biology.
- 2-5 years' of completed university coursework
- Understanding of biologic manufacturing, vector manufacturing, fill finish, or label and pack processes
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills; written and oral.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/75754582
Apply on company website