When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
How will you make an impact?
To provide shipping, receiving, storage, order fulfillment and data entry services for finished goods, inventory, materials, supplies, parts and equipment at the assigned facility(s).
What will you do?
- Pick, pack, sort, arrange, count, store, and correctly process items for storage and/or shipment in accordance with established procedures and customer requirements while sustaining a high level of quality to ensure customers receive correct product and in the time requested
- Receive materials and/or finished goods on a daily basis. Verify the quality, type and amount of materials received are correct and that the appropriate documentation is present (e.g. packing list).
- Operate PC applications and systems including Microsoft Excel, E-1, and SAP.
- Coordinate with planning/scheduling for material being staged and label creation
- Generate labels according to documentation and troubleshoot any issues
- Maintain and audit inventory for both warehouses in Distribution along with troubleshooting
- Perform cycle counts for Distribution warehouse
How will you get here?
High school diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum of 2-4 years related experience
- Must be able to operate powered industrial trucks and with the ability to operate the equipment at various heights
- Preferred minimum of 2+ years SAP experience
- Preferred minimum of 4+ years shipping experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Intermediate computer skills to navigate ERP systems, Outlook and shipping software in order to support the operation in its daily functions
- Experience in logistics with a life science company
- Work in a warehouse environment under various temperatures including room temperature (59–86 degrees F), cold-room (36-46 degrees F), and/or freezer-room (minus 4 – 23 degrees F).
- Work in a fast-paced warehouse environment
- Ability to be proactive and troubleshoot issues that arise
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $35 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 90,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website