The Material Handler I is responsible for supporting operations by managing materials, hazardous and non-hazardous. This includes incoming, outgoing and movement of materials within the site.
- Follow established methods and standard operating procedures
- Receive incoming hazardous materials, raw materials and staging of such within departmental areas. Maintain and dispatch hazardous materials per regulatory guidelines and maintain accurate inventory through inventory receipts, adjustments, moves, check-in, cycle counts.
- Respond to requests for assistance by employees (either verbally or through electronic work orders) in a prompt courteous manner.
- Follows World Class Manufacturing or PPI guidelines to support Operations
- Follow, monitor and improve standard safety practices and procedures.
- Routine work with hazardous waste.
- Work closely with Manufacturing and Product Finishing to accommodate material needs.
- Perform routine 5S activities
- The position is also responsible for any other duties apparent or assigned
- High school diploma or GED required. Vocational technical degree, preferred
- Zero to 1-year experience in a manufacturing or service environment
- Ability to verbally communicate, read and write in English
- Ability to use metric system
- Computer literate (minimally email, word and data processing)
- Ability to handle chemicals and/or work in an environment where chemicals are present
- Valid driver's license and forklift license
- Hazardous training: 24-hour HAZMAT, 30-hour OSHA General Industry
- Must be available to work overtime if/when required to do so
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand or walk for extended periods of time and occasionally required to kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Specific vision abilities required: close vision, distant vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus, and differentiate colors
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds with assistance
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/75754787
Apply on company website