Job Title: Manufacturing Planner/Scheduler III
Requisition ID: 118613BR
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Location/Division Specific Information:
This role will be based at our Bridgewater, NJ site. Relocation assistance is not approved for this role.
The Chemicals business provides a full range of analytical reagents and discovery chemicals to Thermo Fisher's core research markets worldwide. Chemicals has five operational facilities in the US and Europe and sells a significant portion of its products through the Fisher Scientific channel in major markets around the world.
How will you make an impact?
The Production Planner is responsible for all aspects of planning, scheduling, and expediting of our Raw Material, WIP and Finished Goods products at the Bridgewater site.
The primary objectives of the role are to meet customer delivery service expectations while also meeting inventory and cost objectives. You are responsible for over 900 finished good Make-to-Stock, Assemble-to-Order, and Make-to-Order SKUs. These SKUs are manufactured using line, batch, and work center processes.
This position requires a high degree of analytical capability to optimize the complex balance between customer expectations, inventory, capacity, lead-time, lot-size and other supply chain factors.
What will you do?
- Use MRP and other Planning tools to plan the packing of your assigned SKUs.
- Issue daily work schedules to production areas, ensuring that scheduling is optimized to use labor and equipment efficiently.
- Monitor performance and adjust schedule as appropriate. Inform and provide root cause analysis at the daily Tier 2 and Tier 3 meetings.
- Prepare reports on schedule adherence, service levels, and other departmental KPI's. Analyze the detail to identify areas of concern and provide appropriate mitigating recommendations.
- Maintain accurate requirements in MRP for purchased components so buyers can support manufacturing schedules.
- Work collaboratively with Customer Service and Sales teams to improve service through forecasting, inventory target levels, leadtimes, etc.
- Assume a leadership role in resolving shortages of purchased materials and customer expedites that require escalation through operations. Communicate material supply issues proactively with all required business functions.
- Manage the inventory of your assigned SKUs, including levels, safety stocks, shelf life, and aged/obsolescence.
- Create, maintain, and update planning Master Data.
- Participate in long range capacity planning analysis for manufacturing work centers.
- Participate in labor planning analysis and recommend staffing levels to manufacturing operations.
- Participate on projects and other initiatives as assigned.
- Participate and contribute to monthly SIOP (Sales Inventory & Operations Planning) process.
How will you get here?
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Operations, or Supply Chain OR equivalent experience in lieu of degree
- 5+ years of previous planning experience
- 3+ years of experience with ERP systems in a manufacturing environment
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- APICS CPIM certification highly desirable.
- Extensive knowledge of the MRP process.
- Strong analytical skills, combined with practical business acumen.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, Access, Outlook).
- Ability to manage multiple tasks within tight deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate critical information.
- Demonstrated ability to influence others, with the ability to engage others and gain commitment.
- Good problem solving and reasoning skills to effectively deal with problems varying in complexity relative to job level.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/75735727
Apply on company website