When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Position summary: Manufacturing Operator I - 2nd Shift - Responsible for manufacturing of Bio Processing Containers (BPC's) for the Biotech industry in a clean room environment. Employees carry out production processes by closely following Standard Operating Procedures, Work Instruction Documents, and blueprint drawings as they relate to the manufacture of BPC's.
Manufacturing Operator I - 2nd Shift
- Ability to read manufacturing drawings and follow standard operating procedures
- Operation of machinery for the manufacturing of BPC's within a clean room.
- Strong attention to detail with a quality cognizance
- Record correct and accurate documentation
- Package and label finished product
- Complete accurate documentation according to GMP requirements
- Perform daily housekeeping tasks as assigned
- Responsible for performing visual inspection on in-process and finished products
- Working with a team in a fast-paced environment assembling product
- Ability to read and use a tape measure
- Rudimentary arithmetic skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Good verbal and written communication
- Ability to follow complex procedures
- Production experience in a CGMP or Lean manufacturing environment
- Ability to work in a team environment
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- Previous Manufacturing Experience Within a Cleanroom.
Physical and Environmental Requirements:
- Ability to work in a fast paced controlled cleanroom environment 8 hours a day with additional overtime as required for production schedule adherence
- The Clean-room is controlled environment for temperature and humidity having low ambient noise.
- Specific gowning is required including: gloves, hair & beard net and face cover, safety glasses with no makeup / jewelry, and the like.
- Ability to use PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) and understand chemical hygiene
- Must have ability to do the following activities
- Follow all safety protocols
- Stand and move about including reaching, bending, stooping, grasping
- Use hand tools and equipment including forceful gripping, grasping, pushing, and pulling
- Infrequently lift and manipulate up to 50 pounds max unassisted
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website