Job Title: Manufacturing Manager
Posting Title: Manufacturing Manager
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
How will you make an impact?
The Manufacturing Manager is responsible for leading the manufacturing processes, and distribution. He/She will oversee the operations team and indirectly leads all the operations support functions to accomplish annual goals. He/She will encounter recurring work situations of very high complexity, frequent variations from the norm, while working at a high level of autonomy.
What will you do?
- Creates and cultivates a culture centered around Safety, Quality, and Teamwork to ensure adherence to all safety and quality applicable regulations (i.e. OSHA, ISO13485, etc.).
- Leads a team of production, and warehouse leaders to ensure success of the operations.
- Provides strategic guidance (3 months – 1 year) outlook to Production Planning, Supply Chain, Quality, Maintenance, Finance, and Product Management teams to meet the annual objectives of the business.
- Oversees the recruiting process and coaches their team throughout the recruiting and onboarding process.
- Proactively participates in and provides vision to established change management processes to drive continuous improvement throughout the POROS Value Stream.
How will you get here?
Bachelor's degree in Engineering or business is preferred. Knowledge of plant operations (manufacturing, distribution, maintenance) required, as well as knowledge of cGMP and safety (OSHA). In lieu of degree 5+ years leadership and manufacturing experience. High School diploma required
- Minimum of 3 years of direct people management (chemical batch processing experience preferred)
- Experience with SAP is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to lead in a matrixed organization personnel to meet production targets while prioritizing and working on special projects
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Proficient Knowledge of MS Office Suite, with a preference for strong Excel skills
- Ability to handle complex process, business, and personnel issues independently.
- Ability to wear all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including lab coat, hair net, safety glasses, bump cap, and latex gloves.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/82158493
Apply on company website