When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
How will you make an impact?
In this critical role, you will provide leadership to the manufacturing function such that needs of our clients are met in a GMP compliant and cost effective manner. You will ensure that quality standards (e.g. full cGMP, health, safety and environmental compliance), cost targets, delivery dates are met while ensuring proper staffing levels, including hiring and training of staff and the continuous development of existing associates. You will work with external auditors, clients, equipment vendors and other internal and external contracts as needed, and review / approve master production documents, validation reports and SOPs.
What will you do?
- Manages schedule and resources to meet production objectives in a safe and cost effective manner.
- Reviews and approves SOP's, CC's, manufacturing masters and validation protocols.
- Compliance: audits ─ prepares for, participates in and responds to audit requirements, safety concerns, reviews and responds to client complaints, and implements continuous improvements to increase product quality.
- Resolves problems with urgency, but in a logical manner which eliminates the problem's root cause.
- Prepares Pharmaceutical Development Services (PDS) and commercial quotes, reviews and revises standards, generates Capital Appropriation Requests and justifies acquisition of new technology to support equipment purchases for new client products.
- Prepares capital and expense budgets; specifies user requirements for new equipment purchases.
- Supports direct reports in the investigation of root causes of process failures and pursue process improvements.
- Selects, develops and evaluates staff to ensure the efficient operation of the function. Works with and advises staff on administrative policies and procedures.
How will you get there?
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Science or Chemical Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years of Management experience or 5 – 7 years of supervisory experience covering different dosage forms.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication (both oral and written), leadership, motivation and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Sound knowledge of cGMPs, SOPs and safety regulations.
- Proven ability to coach and develop staff as well as the ability to coordinate intra and inter - departmental business activities.
- Ability to make quality decisions.
- Good working knowledge of budget administration, employment standards and manufacturing equipment is an asset.
- Good computer skills.
- Understanding of MRP systems, Product cost structure, Industry contacts is an asset.
- Ability to problem solve, manage changing priorities and resources.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/73601740
Apply on company website