How Will You Make an Impact?
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
What will you do?
The role will facilitate implementation of the Practical Process Improvement (PPI) Business System at the new site to enable profitable growth, intensify the customer experience and increase employee engagement. The position collaborates with key stakeholders to lead projects and kaizen events by deploying structured problem solving to improve systems and eliminate waste. The role involves facilitating the lean fundamentals, such as visual management/5S, value stream mapping, standard work, metric boards, stand-up meetings and project funnel coordination. It also involves developing capabilities in these areas by training teams and providing coaching through the events, while leveraging learnings from other SUT sites.
- Lead/work with functional teams to streamline processes to improve the customer experience, enable profitable growth and become more efficient.
- Diplomatically cultivate an action-biased culture of continuous improvement to improve KPIs, in the areas of customer, finance, people and quality.
- Provide support to develop problem solving capability within the organization at all levels
- Train, coach and follow-up with teams to ensure system improvements are sustained and the stakeholders are running the processes independently
- Work closely with site PPI steering committee to identify ways to accelerate the culture change necessary to support the PPI Business System.
- Provide ongoing support to multiple teams
- Help teams identify new projects through value stream mapping, data analysis and daily management systems.
- Work with the corporate PPI team to develop/promote/standardize the PPI Business System further and share best practices.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, science, operations or business
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to connect with and positively influence leadership and all levels of the organization
- A holistic thinker who can look site-wide to integrate and streamline systems for optimal benefit.
- Able to drive continuous improvement in both non-operational and operational areas, including connecting the cross-functional resources to remove waste along the extended value streams.
- Passion for driving improvement and leading change
- Proven track record for developing, training, and coaching teams
- Great communicator, including solid written, oral and presentation-giving skills.
- Broad knowledge of multi-functional processes and financial business methods
- High ethical standards to support a professional business code of conduct
- Leadership roles from disciplines such as operations, commercial, engineering, quality, or product management
- A Lean Practitioner with 3+ years of experience and a ‘hands-on' track record of implementing successful TPS fundamentals including elements such as:
- Visual management/5S, value stream mapping, standard work, metric boards, stand-up meetings and project funnel coordination
- Expertise in problem-solving utilizing a formal program/process
- Experience in lean 6 sigma, Black Belt, lean methodologies
- Proven experience in using Data Analytics/sense making to pre-empt or provide preventative action items rather than reactive problem solving
This position does not have relocation assistance
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/82158479
Apply on company website