How will you make an impact?
Lead the financial modeling, financial tracking and monthly/quarterly Business Cases financial progress reviews. Support the control environment for all GBS' Shared Service Centers around the globe and lead the consolidation of finance information within the Shared Service Center Financial Planning and Analysis team.
What will you do?
- Work cross-functionally with all Shared Business Centers and Strategic Operations to assure the planning, forecasting and reporting processes align with Business Cases assumptions.
- Prepare and report status of Business Case progress to the Steering Committee.
- Ensure any relevant Business Case issues are identified, discussed, resolved and documented properly.
- Partner with site leaders and performance managers to identify, develop and track KPIs at the sites' level for business optimization efforts.
- Develop standard business case modeling template for all potential GBS project investments.
- Perform monthly/quarterly and annual financial consolidation, assuring methodology is consistent and reporting is accurate. Challenge the consolidation methodology by looking for alternative ways to improve the process.
- Increase processes efficiencies by enhancing usage of financial analysis/reporting tools (PLN/CMR): standardize system's templates for all reporting activities
- Coordination of month end close processes, including calendar of activities, approval of accruals and timing of deliverables
- Complete census reporting for all Share Business Centers and Implementation Teams, including data corrections as necessary. Align headcount with P&L labor spend
- Provide decision support to GBS leadership through routine actionable reports and as needed ad-hoc analysis.
- Help lead the AOP process along with variance analysis to plan and prior year. Load AOP into financial systems
- Assist in the development of productivity opportunities and measurements against plans.
- Work with centers and GPO's to assure KPI's are met and updated as necessary.
- Help identify and drive optimal results along with corrective actions in the event KPI's are not being met.
- Assist with producing quarterly reports and analysis for GBS Leadership including monthly MBRs, deviation to forecast and AOP tracking.
- Assist with completing appropriation requests, RFDs, SOWs, Invoices, personnel changes, etc.
- Take high level direction and work independently to drive execution of department goals.
- Provide general finance support to the GBS team as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience in the areas of financial reporting, internal control, forecasting, analysis, and accounting knowledge through professional and/or educational background.
- Exhibit initiative and the Thermo Fisher Scientific 4-I values of Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement.
- The ability to make logical assumptions, identify trends, and develop well defined analysis and presentations.
- Proven leadership qualities and the ability to work cross-functionally with individuals and teams as well as the ability to build organizational relationships with peers.
- It is required that the candidate has the ability to manage multiple assignments, has good judgment, and prioritizes projects and time effectively.
- Ability to identify and champion productivity improvements through Practical Process Improvement (PPI).
- The ideal candidate will have a commitment to continuous learning, demonstrate a desire to advance and seek opportunities to stretch capabilities.
- Excellent skills with MS Excel and MS PowerPoint are required; additional skills with Data Warehouse, Oracle, MS Access, HFM/CMR/PLN, and COGNOS are a plus.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business or other relevant background.
- Strong written communication skills, along with clear and concise verbal skills.
- 5+ years of Financial Management experience.
- Advanced Qualification Preferred is a plus (CPA, MBA, or MS).
- Travel: Minimal requirement, typically 2-3 times per year.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/73777489
Apply on company website