Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Location: Waltham, MA
Career Level: Mid-Senior Level
Industries: Healthcare, Pharmaceutical, Biotech
- Work closely with LPD leadership to design and improve regular (weekly/monthly) price reporting and tracking mechanisms. Develop metrics and analytics to understand and improve LPD's pricing strategy and commercial execution.
- Lead and manage the annual price setting process. Provide analysis and technical support with respect to list price setting. Work closely with multiple business units to ensure timely delivery of the LPD price lists to our channel partners, commercial organization, and internal support groups. Work with regional sales organizations and product management teams to improve existing processes and procedures.
- Serve as the primary liaison between LPD and Thermo Fisher's Global Strategic Pricing team. Provide support to GSP and lead projects as needed. Promote pricing best practices and serve as subject matter expert for LPD.
- Leader in developing, improving and executing processes to ensure price discipline across LPD. Help regional teams develop discount authorities, promotional programs, and other mechanisms / policies to support effective price management.
- Manage all aspects of the eRebate system to include administration for over 3,000 contracts within NA and EU as well as the strategic direction of tool improvements to maximize price realization.
- Lead price approval process for large strategic bids/pursuits. Build business plans with cross functional teams for Sr. Staff review/approval.
- Coordinate with Sales Data Warehouse and CRM team to ensure accurate product and pricing information across the global organization. Establish processes for information maintenance and alignment among Sales Data Warehouse, Salesforce.com, and other critical systems.
- Partner with all BU's across LPD to identify, develop and execute industry leading pricing strategies.
- Lead and drive transformational performance improvement in pricing, focused on increasing sales and profit growth and improving gross margins.
- Act as subject matter expert for the organization on pricing strategies and present price strategies and tactics to leadership in a variety of organizational settings.
- Provide strategic and analytical leadership to strategic pricing team members as the team develops recommendations for enhanced price levels, policies and processes.
- Manage the entire pricing project lifecycle, including:
- initial identification of price opportunities
- collection and analysis of data that drives recommended price actions
- recommendations and tools to deliver improved pricing
- training and change management processes that support ongoing execution
- Demonstrates a strong intellect, personal drive, analytical skills, and communication abilities.
- Exhibits a passion for understanding pricing strategies and execution methodologies in a manufacturing and/or distribution business.
- Strong commercial orientation with a balance and pricing and strategic business management capabilities.
- Works cross-functionally and across geographic boundaries, and effectively influences and partners. Relates well to a wide variety of people, listens and builds constructive relationships, uses diplomacy and tact. Shows creativity and innovation in presenting ideas, and overcoming organizational resistance.
- Detail oriented, organized, and analytical and able to handle multiple projects at the same time. Must be able to accomplish detailed tasks, delegate accordingly and drive projects and activities to successful conclusion, operating with a high sense of urgency.
- Experience with in-depth financial modeling as well as demonstrated analytical and statistical problem solving skills.
- Potential candidates should have relevant experience in at least one (and preferably more than one) of the following areas:
- Strategic Pricing.
- Financial, consulting or business/strategy management background.
- Industry-related experience in laboratory products, healthcare or life sciences.
- Experience in multi-product distribution business.
- Prior experience working in large corporate environment or a diversified, complex global organization is required
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- A bachelor's degree in business, operations, finance, mathematics or a scientific field combined with an advanced degree in business or science or equivalent professional experience.
- A minimum of 8 years of progressive experience; 3 years in a leadership capacity.
- Demonstrated ability to operate independently with broad general guidance against a framework of defined business objectives.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/73756042
Apply on company website