Job Title: Lead Scientist- Process Sciences
Requisition ID: 117531BR
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them.
Cambridge, MA / Pharma Services
Viral Vector Services is a dynamic gene and cell therapy contract development and manufacturing organization that is looking for leaders to bring the highest quality processes, products and testing to our clients. Our staff members are committed to making a difference in our organization, for our client partners and the patients we serve. We seek individuals with proven competencies and strong character to help lead our organization now and into the future.
How will you make an impact?
As a Lead Scientist in Process Sciences you will help our clients to deliver lifesaving and life changing therapies to patients in need. You will be a scientific leader in the Process Sciences team and will help to define, test, and analyze data to support tech transfer and commercialization of Cell & Gene Therapy Products across a wide range of therapeutic indications and product modalities. You will be a project leader, an interface for our customers, and a scientific expert in bioproduction of viral vector products within Viral Vector Services.
What will you do?
- Lead the design, execution, analysis, and presentation of tech transfer and process characterization of viral vector manufacturing process laboratory studies
- Guide operation of the Process Sciences laboratories including maintenance of inventory, experiment & equipment scheduling, and equipment maintenance
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert in upstream and downstream process development in support of late phase and commercial stage Cell & Gene Therapy products
How will you get here?
- PhD with 2+ years' experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Technical experience in upstream and/or downstream biologics manufacturing processes
- Experience with technology transfer and facility fit assessment is desired
- You must have strong troubleshooting skills and ability to solve complex technical issues
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Experience in scale-up and scale-down of biologics manufacturing processes
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills including the ability to speak effectively to customers in a technical setting
- Knowledge of statistical analysis methodology and software (JMP or equivalent) is highly desired
- Working knowledge of cGMP and regulatory requirements of biologics manufacturing
- Knowledge of cell and gene therapy vector production highly desired.
Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/75735622
Apply on company website