When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
What will you do?
Independently performs, verifies, and provides feedback on complex and varied services (registration, delivery, pick-up, and tracking of hazardous materials) for a varied client base. Duties include:
- Reviewing, creating, and maintaining of company data log sheets
- Follows well defined procedures as outlined by Best Practices, SOPs & work instructions. Take direction from Site Supervisor/Manager regarding daily duties
- Communicates with supervisor any customer issues or potential problems
- Media Prep Management
- Biology Weigh out Service Management
- Pickup of hazardous waste
- Assisting in registration of chemicals into a chemical database
- Delivery of chemical packages within a laboratory environment
- Sustaining and maintaining of chemical stockroom inventory
- Ordering of stockroom supplies
- Must possess a High School Diploma and preferably an Associate's or B.S in Biology or Chemistry degree
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Must be proficient with a computer and the Microsoft Office suite of software.
- Displays a high level of confidentiality for both customers and Thermo Fisher
- Experience in laboratory setting or services preferred; experience in GLP/GMP environment preferred
- Proactive approach to problem solving
- Adapt to flexible and changing schedule in short notice
- Ability to self-manage and operate independently
- Detail oriented, problem solver, promotes team environment
- Works primarily at customer locations, in office environment to include cubicles and/or in and around shipping/receiving docks, stock rooms, storage locations and laboratory environments
- May be required to work independently at customer location
- Extensive walking may be required
- May pass through areas where chemical based allergens may be in use (such as penicillin, tetracycline, etc.)
- Must be able to lift, push and pull 30-40 pounds consistently; may be required to lift 50 lbs.
- May be able to use material handling equipment such as push carts, hand trucks, and pallet jacks
- Depending on area of building, personal protective equipment may be worn to include lab coats, coveralls, hood, facemask, hairnets and/or safety gloves
- Some areas require steel toe shoes, bump hats and/or safety glasses
- Must be able to work hours required to get the job done
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website