Location/Division Specific Information
Bridgewater, NJ/ Laboratory Chemicals Division
2nd shift, 4 pm - 12 am
How will you make an impact?
Now is an exciting time to join our Manufacturing & Distribution team, a team dedicated to ensuring our customers receive the products they need to achieve their scientific goals – quickly, reliably and safely. Our Bridgewater, NJ site is ramping up to support the fight against COVID-19. If you believe in working the right way for the right reason join our growing team today!
What will you do?
- Fisherpaks are a reusable transport package that are unique to Thermo Fisher Scientific.
- Performs cleaning, weighing, filling, rinsing, sampling, labeling, sealing and other packaging operations as well as general warehouse duties relating to packaging Fisherpaks.
- Warehouse duties include monitoring inventory of hardware and keeping packaging materials and supplies in order. Completes necessary information for recordkeeping.
- Transports empty Fisherpaks to filling location and transports full Fisherpaks to the warehouse or other designated locations.
- Sets up scale and checks container size to be filled. Sees that all specifications and special instructions are followed on the job card or instruction cards.
- Performs necessary quality and pressure checks. Checks materials to see that they are correct and lab approved prior to packaging.
- Responsible for working safely, sampling of lines and Fisherpaks, and for producing quality products.
- Ensures that proper grounding and bonding procedures are used when rinsing, packaging, and sampling to ensure the safe transfer of chemicals.
- Responsible for maintaining assigned equipment/area clean and in good condition.
- Responsible for the care and condition of any assigned company tools and equipment.
Specific job tasks:
- Required to push full 200L drums on drum dollies to various locations throughout the facility
- Required to lift 1” to 3” stainless steel hoses to connect to process lines
- Required to place labeling on bottles, pails, and drums
- Required to connect/disconnect push-to-connect hose fittings
- Required to handle hazardous waste generated by operations
How will you get here?
- High school diploma or GED required
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Worker must be able to read and write in English
- One year of chemical packaging experience is preferred
- Worker must be capable of operating powered industrial trucks
- Work requires knowledge of the purpose, construction, and assembly of the machinery and equipment and mechanical ability
- Must be able to understand and follow work instructions, standard operating procedures and understand various alarms and light indicators
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 90,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply on company website