Job Title: Inventory Control Technician
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
This position is located within the Clinical Trials Division a segment of Pharma Services Group. The Clinical Trials Division is a world leader in global supply chain and biosample management.
This position is located in Bohemia, NY.
How will you make an impact?
The Inventory Control Technician is responsible for the day-to-day distribution operations focusing on inventory control. Responsibilities include supporting and meeting customer needs by completing product shipments, ensuring regulatory compliance, and monitoring and improving operational performance. Assist in the development and implementation of new distribution and inventory practices, processes and technologies to improve quality and efficiency.
What will you do?
Researches, tracks and executes the release and shipping of products utilizing various proprietary computer systems including an Inventory Management System, Receiving System, Daily Production Scheduler and national distributors databases (i.e. Fed Ex, UPS, DHL)
- Manages and verifies the receipt of in house manufactured goods and processes requests based on established standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Tracks and receives materials from external vendors and clients utilizing proprietary inventory management system.
- Receives and issues finished materials to the In Process Inspection Department for final inspection.
- Utilizes First In/First Out methodology (FIFO) to issue materials for distribution to all internal departments
- Ability to prioritize and adjust to meet the daily inventory management tasks by monitoring production schedule and shifting priorities
- Ability to effectively communicate work status and changes to schedule needs and escalates issues appropriately to leadership
- Ability to proactively manage workload and adjust based on daily priorities to ensure timelines are met and the most cost effective and efficient processes are implemented
- Enters product and shipment data accurately and customizes shipping per customer specific requirements.
- Packs labels into boxes in such a manner as to avoid any damage in transit.
- Destroys expired label inventory per established procedures and timelines.
- Works hand-in-hand with cross-functional department managers and supervisors to meet company goals and objectives.
- Accounts for all inventory and ensures proper identification of products at all times including the prompt return of all labels to inventory and the verification of label IDs.
- Assists in developing and maintaining procedures for areas of responsibility and proactively recommends process improvements.
- Requires ability to do some light to moderate lifting of boxes and storage material averaging 20lbs.
- Must be able to safely operate all tools and equipment, fork lift trucks, hand trucks, and use of electronic scales.
- Conducts all activities in a safe and efficient manner. Must wear safety shoes at all times.
- Applies Good Manufacturing Principles in all areas of responsibility.
How will you get here?
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to do some light to moderate lifting of boxes and storage material averaging 20 lbs.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced team environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel
- Valid driver's license
- Understand customer specifications
- Must be available for overtime including weekends
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Prior experience with First In/First Out Methodology (FIFO)
- Prior experience with Inventory Management Systems
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/82084655
Apply on company website