How will you make an impact?
The Industrial Engineer I position collaborates with site functional leaders of Feasibility, Manufacturing, Engineering, Finance/Cost Accounting, EH&S, Continuous Improvement, Quality and Logistics to drive optimum site performance. Identifying and implementing process and capacity improvements are a critical focus to meet 3-5 growth expectations.
Hours: This is a Monday-Friday 1st shift role, maybe required to work shift outside of those hours 15-20% of the time.
What will you do?
- Update and maintain costing standards – setup times, production rates, scrap rates/factors – and support annual standards roll
- Develop tools for accurate and efficient creation of new SKUs
- Understand and attack drivers of manufacturing waste: MUV (Material Usage Variance), downtime, scrap, poor flow, inventory location/accuracy issues, etc., updating SOPs and retraining employees as appropriate
- Support production enhancements, site expansion projects and implementation of next generation production lines
- Lead/support PPI events (Continuous Improvement) focused on throughput, waste reduction and material cost savings
- Establish operating standards based on equipment and process capabilities
- Support IQ/OQ/PQ validations (Install Qualification, Operational Qualification, and Performance Qualification) on existing and new equipment as needed
- Assist EH&S leadership with workplace safety hazards and Job Safety Analyses (JSA)
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering is required.
- 1-2 years of related experience in manufacturing environment preferred
- Training and experience in work measurement, knowledge of MOST technique preferred
- Lean or Six Sigma qualification/experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to prioritize assignments and manage multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment is essential
- Must be a self-starter with attention to detail and excellent oral, written, presentation and role model leadership skills
- Must be a collaborative problem solver, capable of working with cross functional teams
- Knowledge of manufacturing standard costing preferred
- Knowledge of JD Edwards EnterpriseOne or similar inventory control system desired
- Proficient using Microsoft Word and PowerPoint; advanced Excel skills preferred
- Ability to read, write and understand English
Works in a controlled manufacturing environment; is required to lift up to 40 lbs. and may be required to stand for long periods of time while performing duties. Must be able to work safely with materials and equipment. Must be able to work overtime and flexible shifts. Various levels of gowning are required.
What Thermo Fisher Offers to Employees:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits effective on first day of employment
- Paid Time Off – Eligible to accrue up to 3 weeks of Paid Time Off (PTO), pro-rated based on start date
- Paid Holidays
- 401(K) Retirement Plan – Company Matching Contribution up to 6%
- Shift Premium for 2nd and 3rd shift employees
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/73777517
Apply on company website