With 70000 extraordinary minds on our global team, each one of us at Thermo Fisher has an important story to tell. Whether we're helping customers to fight disease, making sure our air is clean, or solving cold cases, our stories involve thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives. Our dedicated sales professionals are laser focused on delivering our customer value proposition—accelerating innovation and enhancing productivity. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you'll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
How will you make an impact?
You will ensure the efficient completion of packaging floor activities in order to meet scheduled production deadlines, and that product quality meets the standards of Thermo Fisher, our clients, and applicable regulatory agencies including, but not limited to the Health Products and Food Branch Inspectorate (HPFBI), United States Food & Drug Administration (FDA), and European Medicines Agency (EMEA).
This position requires shift work (weekly rotation - days, afternoons and midnight).
What will you do?
- Ensures quality by identifying/correcting Good Manufacturing procedure (GMP) infractions.
- Directs packaging operations to ensure priorities including staff selection and training, product scheduling and targets are being met.
- Plans and coordinates material flow to and from the line operations.
- Manages the daily distribution of work for lines.
- Trouble shoots line problems and sources appropriate action if required.
- Performs line start up (Line Clearance).
- Reviews in-process and Acceptable Quality Level (AQL) checks from each line.
- Assists in training and development of line leaders and operators and provides performance feedback to management.
- Assists in investigation of Deviation Reports (DR).
- Acts as back up to Line Leader and/or Packaging Supervisor.
- Supports Line Leaders in managing employee relations issues on the line. In this role it is essential to perform shift work.
How will you get here?
- High School Diploma.
- 3 to 5 years of previous pharmaceutical packaging and machine operating experience.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Solid background in line management.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to work under pressure and meet tight timelines and make quality decisions.
- Excellent knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices including excellent understanding of Standard Operating Procedures and of safety regulations.
- Proficiency with the English language.
- In this role it is essential to perform shift work.
- Strong demonstration of computer skills (including SAP) considered an asset.
- Equivalent combinations of education, training, and relevant work experience may be considered.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/73550702
Apply on company website