Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $24 billion and more than 70,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
The Global Account Manager is responsible for driving strategic direction at large, multi-site named accounts to satisfy customer needs while protecting and growing our business. This will include growth targets for new business and expansion of the current base business. While having individual sales targets, the position requires one to be responsible for creating and engaging virtual teams from across our organization to ensure successful closing of sales opportunities and the development and/or management of industry dedicated distributors. The successful candidate should have a clear understanding of Enterprise Laboratory Management Software, connectivity, mobility, and hosted technologies as they apply to customer applications and profitable business models for our customers.
The role requires leadership, large account management experience, and strong internal and external communication skills. International travel will also be required with this role.
- Core partner relationship management and development. Must be a highly strategic thinker, a leader that anticipates market forces and can assess a complex set of scenarios.
- Ability to partner internally and externally with professional service companies to drive complex solutions including Digital Transformation
- Scope includes master account strategy and ownership over our success and failure in the account. Ability to define with the BU teams, task and relationship clarity around a specific account.
- Broad experience and expertise selling and promoting through formal/informal networks within multiple segments of the market
- Proven track record of high sales achievement, strong financial acumen, sound negotiating experience, proven success working with or selling to the highest level decisions makers in a scientific setting
- Strong knowledge of pricing for value, positioning solutions for customers, and efficient use of resources supporting the selling effort.
- Collaborate with senior management team members regarding new product development and technical materials.
- Responsible for the development of new business opportunities or emerging areas. Focuses on critical, large, complex, high visibility, strategic or tactically important accounts
- Internally coordinates and aligns sales activities to the strategy for all of our partner divisions. Must apply data and expertise so that appropriate courses of action by our business and our internal partners are taken to benefit the account.
- Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria. Creates formal networks involving coordination among groups. Proven excellence in coordinating inputs, assembling complex information into insights, and harmonizing disparate activities
- Plan, communicate and align geographically dispersed and functionally diverse teams to execute tasks with efficiency and to high standards. Expert at mobilizing resources, simplifying the customer experience, and aligning solutions to satisfy complex customer needs.
- 10 years of Industry experience and knowledge
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including making impactful presentations and leveraging cutting edge delivery techniques
- Ability to work in regulated environments
- Proven business partner influencing stronger business outcomes
- Strong customer engagement mindset and commercial experience
- Strong leadership skills and proven ability to adapt leadership style to different situations and people
- Experience working in environments with strong cross functional collaboration
- Play an active role in leading the teams, providing challenge and support in equal measure
- Must have an outstanding attention to detail and strong process rigor with continuous improvement mindset.
- Bachelor's Degree in business or technology related field
- Travel estimate 30-40%
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/82478986
Apply on company website