As part of the Thermo Fisher Scientific team, you'll discover meaningful work that makes a positive impact on a global scale. Join our colleagues in bringing our Mission to life every single day to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We provide our global teams with the resources needed to achieve individual career goals while helping to take science a step beyond by developing solutions for some of the world's toughest challenges, like protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe or helping find cures for cancer.
Location/Division Specific Information
The Bend, Oregon site is a multi-product and multi-client pharmaceutical development site specializing in developing and manufacturing solid oral dosage formulations of small molecules in preclinical and early phase clinical trials (phase 1 and 2). We are the Solubilization Center of Excellence within Thermo Fisher's Pharma Services Group, and as such, have expertise in such technologies as hot-melt extrusion, spray-drying, and particle size reduction.
How will you make an impact?
The Formulation Scientist II works with other members of the Formulation and Process Development (FPD) team to design and evaluate novel formulations and manufacturing processes by creatively conducting experiments to deliver successful end products for use in clinical studies.
What will you do?
- Develop, optimize, and scale-up novel solid oral dosage formulations, and transfer to clinical manufacture to support pre-clinical, clinical, and lifecycle management objectives.
- Independently operate and troubleshoot such processes as spray drying, blending, tablet compression, dry/wet granulation, milling/size reduction, fluid bed drying/coating, hot melt extrusion, and pan coating.
- Evaluate, interpret, and summarize technical data to build meaningful knowledge sets and support sound decision making, acting as leader and participant in problem solving for formulations, equipment, and processes.
- Collaborate with FPD team members and clients to develop and write protocols for formulation development work, complete development work, and present experimental results to aid in decision making and meeting project objectives.
How will you get here?
- Bachelor's degree is required.
- Master's or Ph.D. degree in a physical or biological science, engineering, or pharmaceutical science preferred.
- 3 years working in pharmaceutical development/manufacturing or related industry, preferably with solid oral dosage forms. Graduate level studies may be considered equivalent.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot equipment and processes with limited guidance from subject matter authorities
- Basic knowledge of or ability to quickly learn Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Preferably, experience with statistics, process control, computer programming and risk management
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Excellent written, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Decisive and self-motivated
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Excellent planning and organization skills; effective time management and prioritization to lead multiple projects simultaneously
- Comfortable working in fast-paced environment under pressure
Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Watch as our colleagues explain 5 reasons to work with us. As one global team of 90,000 colleagues, we share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement - working together to accelerate research, solve complex scientific challenges, drive technological innovation and support patients in need. #StartYourStory at Thermo Fisher Scientific, where diverse experiences, backgrounds and perspectives are valued. Join us and apply today!
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Job Seekers with a Disability: Thermo Fisher Scientific offers accessibility service for job seekers requiring accommodations in the job application process. For example, this may include individuals requiring assistance because of hearing, vision, mobility, or cognitive impairments. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or assisting a person with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone at 1-855-471-2255*. Please include your contact information and specific details about your required accommodation to support you during the job application process.
*This telephone line is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requiring accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Messages left for other purposes, such as not being able to get into the career website, following up on an application, or other non-disability related technical issues will not receive a response.
Apply on company website