The position is a key role to lead local entity all Finance activities for Electron Microscopy (EM) Business (Formerly FEI) in Thermo Fisher Scientific. As a Finance Manager and strategic business partner, the position will closely work with business leaders in Korea as well as regional/global Finance counterparts for assigned business divisions and contributes to the business divisions' performance improvement by providing insightful financial analysis and support for execution. The Finance manager is responsible for ensuring compliance with local reporting requirements.
- Provide leadership to Korea EM Finance team in all finance area (e.g., Monthly reporting, forecast, AOP, accounting closing, Tax filing, etc.).
- Maintain a strong and results driven relationship with all levels of management.
- Maintain and optimize the closing procedures, working closely with division and centralized FP&A and Reporting team to ensure process completion.
- Ensure accurate and timely booking of all accounting entries in compliance with statutory accounting principle as well as US GAAP.
- Accurate and timely reporting of all financial information and reports required by the senior management and local government.
- Develop control procedures and ensure proper internal controls over the use of assets, ensure compliance with corporate policies & procedures and local statutory requirements.
- Liaison with the auditors, banks, tax and other government authorities on all finance and tax-related matters.
- Statutory report review and tax report review.
- Involve in ad hoc Project related to finance function when required.
- Communicate with Korea Commercial Leaders for financial performance.
- Support preparing monthly and annual forecasts, AOP, and STRAP.
- Develop financial models and analysis to support sales deal structure.
- Support Sales Order review.
- Manage and own period accounting closing.
- Follow month-end and quarter-end closing checklist and ensure activities and reporting requirements are completed per closing schedule.
- Review monthly balance sheet schedules including fixed assets register, AR aging, AP aging, finance report, inventory and WIP sub-ledgers and ensure schedules and sub-ledgers are reconciled to the GL.
- Review General Tax application/filing and quarterly FAS 109 report.
- Review and manage cash flow.
- Liaise with Global Division /Finance and APAC Division/Finance teams.
- Coach and develop team members.
- Strong business acumen
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix organization in multi-national companies
- Be able to work in a fast paced environment and has change management experience
- A self-starter with highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to think creatively, highly-driven and self-motivated
- Ability to influence activities of peers
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance, or equivalent knowledge
- 10+ years experiences in FP&A or Commercial Finance roles
- Thorough understanding in financial accounting
- Strong command in Korean and English
- Hands-on experience in ERP and analytical tools (Hyperion)
- Working experience in Multi National Companies
Apply on company website