When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of more than $24 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The divisions within the Life Sciences and Laboratory Products Group (LSLPG) are focused on setting the standards for serving science by providing customers with an innovative and broad life sciences portfolio, a product offering that includes virtually everything needed for the laboratory and a strong presence at bench. Focused on transforming the customer experience through tools and solutions that improve the ease of doing business with us, leveraging the scale of our entire company and investing for growth to meet the needs of the future, LSLPG brings incredible core strength to the broader company.
How will you make an impact?
The Field Service Engineer (FSE) performs customer installs, repairs and preventative maintenance on a variety of instruments (capillary electrophoresis, DNA sequencers, flow cytometers and real time qPCR instruments, etc.) in assigned territory (Boston, MA/New England). The FSE positively interacts with customers to solve technical problems and identify areas to improve their work.
What will you do?
- Provides onsite installation of instruments, upgrades, updates, repairs, and preventative maintenance service
- Displays professionalism, understanding, tact, fairness, and technical knowledge in all customer interactions.
- Achieves specified revenue targets while satisfying customer from instrument repair, installs and PM's.
- Interacts with customers to offer and close the sale of service contracts and other service products.
- Collaborates with internal partners to resolve customer issues and improve processes.
- Follows all reporting responsibilities of Remote Service Dispatch (RSD), Escalation, Field Problem Report (FPR) and Field Service Report (FSR) submissions.
- Is familiar with and follow policies that pertain to the handling of spare parts: ordering, usage, returns, physical count, car stock management, etc.
- Executes Qualification & Validation Products at customer sites.
- Maintains their technical competency level servicing new instrument and problems by attending trainings, staff meetings and remaining up to speed on new products, markets, customers, and competitors.
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
How will you get here?
- Minimum education is a bachelor's degree in engineering, biology, chemistry or related field or equivalent work experience and knowledge.
- Minimum of 3+ years of relevant experience with related science, engineering and/or customer skills
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Frequent travel to customer site is required and ranges from 25-75% of work time.
- Works both in home office as well as in a laboratory environment. Is required to lift up to 40 lbs.
- May be required to stand for long periods of time while performing duties.
- Must be able to work safely with chemicals and hazardous materials.
- Must be able to work overtime and flexible shifts (including weekend rotations).
- Uses effective questioning to identify customer needs
- Exercises judgment setting work priorities and identifies next steps
- Requires minimal oversight
- Participates as a positive influence to the team
- Quickly adapts to change with positive and constructive feedback
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Job Seekers with a Disability: Thermo Fisher Scientific offers accessibility service for job seekers requiring accommodations in the job application process. For example, this may include individuals requiring assistance because of hearing, vision, mobility, or cognitive impairments. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or assisting a person with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone at 1-855-471-2255*. Please include your contact information and specific details about your required accommodation to support you during the job application process.
*This telephone line is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requiring accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Messages left for other purposes, such as not being able to get into the career website, following up on an application, or other non-disability related technical issues will not receive a response.
Apply on company website