When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, and you'll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you'll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
How will you make an impact?
Provides scientific expertise and applications support and training to customers on Thermo Fisher Scientific's nucleic acid therapeutic products and services through a variety of interfaces including in-person, phone and email communications. Partners with business development managers in the field to deliver nucleic acid therapeutic pre- and post-sales related customer support activities and solve customer escalations effectively. Acts as a trusted expert to our customers, thereby increasing customer satisfaction and loyalty and contributing to the overall success of the business.
What will you do?
- Performs process development consultancy at customer or company sites
- Prepares and presents seminars to wide array of audiences including international conferences and webinars
- Identify and collaborate on customer technical/new applications related to the Thermo Fisher Scientific NATx workflow.
- Provide process development optimization expertise to customers in their laboratories or as an instructor at Thermo Fisher Scientific training centers.
- Provides troubleshooting support to customers in the field or by phone/email.
- Resolves and/or escalates customer issues & complaints.
Other Roles & Responsibilities
- Acquire and maintain subject matter expertise related to nucleic acid therapeutic manufacturing platforms/applications/workflows.
- Participate in team meeting and technology roadmaps advising on technical trends going on in the region by relating customer unmet needs and new product opportunities to the appropriate internal partners.
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
How will you get here?
Requires a Master's or PhD in Biology, BioChemistry, Chemical Engineering or related scientific field. Manufacturing / process development experience required.
- Requires a minimum of 3+ years of manufacturing or related work experience.
- Hands-on experience in cell, RNA and/or gene therapy manufacturing is essential.
- Experience in presenting technical materials in written and verbal form is critical. Experience in a customer-facing role and/or providing technical and scientific presentations to a variety of audiences is strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Is able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Capable of working independently. Is self-motivated and proactive.
- Demonstrates clear and concise communications and is capable of interacting with a diverse population of internal and external contacts.
- Is customer-centric and keenly aware of markets, trends and competitors
- Typically works remotely from home office.
- Travel up to 50 %.
- Responsible to effectively manage schedule and negotiate scheduling conflicts
- Valid Driver's license is required.
- Most duties are performed at field locations which may require walking within customer facilities, standing while giving presentations or conducting meetings and sitting to complete reports and sales calls.
- Demonstrations may require moving equipment and manual dexterity and ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Significant experience in a marketing role/product management, life sciences preferred
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply on company website