Job Title: Scientist III, Field Application Scientist
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
In a complex world of producing biologics-based therapeutics and vaccines, help us be a part of this story with our BioProduction team. With processes and applications that span the entire drug development process—from drug discovery through large-scale commercial production—help us develop value added solutions to our customers including a broad range of single-use technologies as well as cell culture media, purification, and analytics for detection of process/product impurities and contaminants.
The Single-Use Technologies Field Applications Specialist (FAS) primarily interfaces between the Commercial Sales Organization (Account Managers), the internal source base within the Company, possible third party partners/suppliers and the end-user/Customer.
The FAS will ensure optimal utilization of appropriate Single-Use Systems technologies, products and services within the Customers' manufacturing processes and applications (i.e. BioProcess Containers (BPC's), Single Use Systems equipment, product and process optimization and scale-up). Additionally, the FAS position will support the Commercial Sales Team to ensure that the Customer achieves its goals in terms of meeting business and financial objectives.
The FAS position will provide strategic and in-depth scientific and technical support in relation to Single-Use System solutions for the marketplace, ensuring our customers' needs are met and matched to our capabilities
Supporting and enhancing sales processes & enhancing market efforts by:
- Acting as primary field technical interface between the Commercial Sales team and the Customer focused on Single-Use products (BPCs, Single-Use Bioreactors, Fermentors, and Mixing systems) and related Single Use equipment to clients
- Providing effective value-added solutions on design and development, optimization, consultation, technical support, and troubleshooting of Single-Use systems
- Providing & delivering high caliber technical presentations that complement Commercial Sales activities
- Leading technical product specification & application discussions with clients & prospective prospects
- Assisting with customer surveys, inquiries, User Requirements Specifications (URS) and product briefs; conducting process mapping activities, collaborating & making recommendations to clients on potential process improvements through utilization of Thermo Fisher Scientifics' technologies & concepts
- Utilizing inter-company experts and resources to recommend technical applications and process development studies
- Recommending how products & business systems can be improved
- Informing Marketing and Product Management of new technologies that could complement the existing range from the perspective of identified customer needs
- Providing the necessary voice of the customer (VOC) to the appropriate levels within Product Management for all products and services
- Sustained evaluation and awareness of market trends, competitors & innovations within the marketplace in general & ensuring that relevant information is circulated within the organization
- Providing effective training activities & workshops on the application & capabilities of Single-Use products and systems.
- Supporting Commercial Sales activities in providing customer technical support and product troubleshooting
- Assist with customer complaints and investigation activities by providing necessary technical data and feedback to Sales Support, Product Management, Quality Assurance, Engineering and R&D as appropriate
- Bachelor's degree in a life science or related field with minimum 1-3 years of experience working in the Biotech/Biopharmaceutical industry
- Detailed working knowledge of Single Use Systems and technologies
- Good understanding of processes and applications used within the Biopharmaceutical, Biotech, human and animal vaccine industries
- Comprehensive understanding with proven operational hands-on and technical experience of Single Use technologies and Single Use systems within the industry
- Comprehensive knowledge & understanding of cGMP & other regulatory guidelines combined with applicable understanding of the business and financial aspects of the Biopharmaceutical manufacturing industry including the ability to apply that understanding in making sound business decisions
- Excellent communication & presentation skills and ability and willingness to work across professional & cross-functional teams
- Project management skills preferred combined with the ability to multi-task effectively
- Highly motivated and self-directed requiring minimal supervision including the ability to work on multiple projects
- Excellent team-working skills
- Above average computer skills including experience of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, & Project)
- Willingness to travel up to 60% of time and operate from a remote home-base location
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/73777874
Apply on company website