Embedded Software Engineer – CAPP Platform
As an embedded software engineer you will be part of a quality-driven team in the Image Acquisition and Detection (IA&D) software group. IA&D group designs and develops high-end state-of-the-art cameras and detectors for microscope imaging. The software group develops and maintains an acquisition and data processing eco-system, which is the backbone of our most successful products.
You will be part of the imaging and acquisition camera team of approximately 15 engineers, working closely with system, firmware, and software teams in a multi-disciplinary environment. You will participate in new feature developments, maintaining and improving of existing software and be responsible of unit and module testing. You will be responsible of testing new features and verifying feature requirements.
The work requires understanding of hardware limitations and real-time constraints for programming an efficient image pipeline, while serving the application software. The overall solution is composed FPGA firmware, embedded software, and PC-level software. Improving test coverage and keeping code-quality high are priorities for the team as reliability is one of the priorities in our products.
We are looking for engineers eager to contribute to our products, who love working in highly demanding environments and using the newest technologies and practices.
The ideal candidate enjoys working in a multi-disciplinary technical environment to solve complex technical problems. The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
- Requires a Bachelor or MSc degree in Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or related technical discipline, or comparable work experience.
- 2+ years' experience in software development.
- Experienced in the use of Test-Driven Development (TDD) and Google Test or similar frameworks.
- A strong background in software engineering and affinity to embedded software.
- Modern C++ skills (including C++14/17).
- Knowledge of a scripting language, preferable Python.
Further preference given for hands on experience in the following areas:
- Experience with Jenkins and DevOps.
- Experience with requirement coverage and traceability of requirements.
- Embedded software domain. Experience programming ARM microprocessors and Xilinx MPSoC is a plus.
- Experience programming applications for Linux OS.
- Practical experience working in Agile environments.
- Source control management (Git).
- Team player with good communications skills are required due to the high degree of interaction and collaboration.
- Strong analytical view in combined with a pragmatic attitude (flexibility).
- Value orientation, getting to the essence, setting, and acting according to priorities.
- Result orientation, showing initiative and self-organizing, good time and priority management skills.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/82306128
Apply on company website