How will you make an impact?
With 70000 extraordinary minds on our global team, each one of us at Thermo Fisher has an important story to tell. Whether we're helping customers to fight disease, making sure our air is clean, or solving cold cases, our stories involve thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives. Our dedicated sales professionals are laser focused on delivering our customer value proposition—accelerating innovation and enhancing productivity. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you'll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
What you will do?
You will be responsible for maintaining and operating when required, all plant machinery electrical systems. The objective for this role is to minimize production downtime by ensuring that the equipment is in good running order at all times. This will be achieved through the application of acquired mechanical/electrical/computer, automation and control skills, implementation of good preventative maintenance procedures and urgent response to emergency repair needs of equipment, particularly electrical/computer. You will perform data backups and disaster recovery operations.
In this role it is essential to perform shift work
- Repair equipment and facilities on an emergency basis. Troubleshoot electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and plumbing issues.
- Perform engineering modification and project-type work, maintenance and operate hand tools and plant service equipment.
- Maintain logs as required. Pick up parts from suppliers. Complete work orders and PM sheets, as well as weekly allocation sheets.
- Attend meetings and training seminars.
- Update PLC programs. Make modifications to equipment.
- Maintain updated records of changes on documents such as manuals, schematics, drawings etc.
- Perform electrical work to ESA standards.
- Capable of performing minor calibrations.
- Other duties as required.
How will you get there?
- College/Technical School diploma.
- Valid Electrical License is required.
- Minimum 5 years hands-on experience
- Previous work experience in a controlled and regulated environment
- Knowledge of pneumatic controls applied to Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) systems
- Experience with Network cabling, computer systems and control wiring
- Ability to work from diagrams, schematics and specifications
- In this role it is essential to perform shift work
- Proficiency with the English language
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Strong judgment, problem solving and decision making ability
- Familiarity with Good Manufacturing Practices
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/73549601
Apply on company website