EHS Specialist II
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of more than $24 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
What you will do:
Acts as the Site Lead for the Environmental Management System (ISO 14001)
- Drives the implementation of the Environmental Management System.
- Ensures all elements of the EMS are implemented on schedule including internal audits, developing targets and objectives, coordinating Management Reviews and working with the Certification body.
- Maintains the Environmental Management System after certification to ensure continued conformance.
- Conducts regular self-assessments and address gaps/improvements.
- Coordinates regular Management Reviews by the Leadership Team to review past EMS performance, internal audits, targets and objectives and develop action plans.
Acts as Environmental Specialist:
- Manages ongoing tracking and reporting for Environmental Compliance Approval for Air Emissions.
- Ensures compliance with relevant EHS legislative requirements such as:
New Substance Notification Regulation (NSNR) - substance tracking and submissions
National Pollution Release Inventory (NPRI) - tracking and reporting Environmental Protection Act – waste management Region of Durham Sewer Use By-law – effluent monitoring
- Manages environmental training programs such as Transportation of Dangerous Goods and Spill Response
- Coordinate annual Waste Audit audits, create and implement waste reduction work plans
- Participates in energy/water/waste reduction audits and initiatives
- Leads audits and/or investigations with regulatory bodies and corporate representatives
- Implements Global Standards relating to the environment, such as Environmental Sustainability
- Completes monthly Corporate Environmental Reporting requirements such as waste disposal, Carbon Disclosure Project, Refrigerants, EcoVadis and Key Performance Indicators.
Provides EHS Team and site support:
- Participates in client audits and questionnaires related to EHS, Social Responsibility, and Sustainability
- Conducts risk assessments, incident investigations, employee training, process safety reviews, EHS training and other EHS related projects as assigned
- Manages and assists with EHS projects in coordination with other EHS Team members and departments as necessary.
- Bachelor's Degree with relevant experience/completion of EHS certificate programs with a focus on environmental programs.
- Minimum 1 to 3 years of previous EHS experience with a focus on environmental programs.
- Minimum 1 to 3 years of Chemical, manufacturing, or pharmaceutical work experience.
- Equivalent combinations of education, training, and relevant work experience may be considered.
- Able to work in a fast-pace environment. Previous experience conducting presentations / training. High integrity for dealing with confidential information. Demonstrated professionalism. Excellent interpersonal skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Demonstrated commitment to our fundamental principles of Integrity, Respect, & Excellence. Proficiency with the English Language.
- Light physical effort and fatigue. Walks, sits or stands for limited periods. May require occasional equipment operation including keyboard equipment. Lifts light items for limited duration. Typically located in a comfortable indoor area. Regular need to attend to and decipher sensory input that requires diligence and attention to interpret effectively. This is typically because data is technical in nature.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/73549633
Apply on company website