When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work that supports a powerful mission. With revenues of more than $24 billion and a track record of stability and consistent growth, we're uniquely able to give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Location/Division Specific Information
How will you make an impact?
An opportunity exists for an ambitious professional to be the financial support of the Specialty Diagnostics Group which is a part of Thermo Fisher Scientific. This position offers the right candidate an influential seat at the table of a growing and dynamic group and provides a substantial opportunity for career development and growth.
What will you do?
- Pro-actively analyze financial data trends, making and driving process improvements with the finance leadership team; and present significant business issues to senior management and propose actions.
- Provide analytical and pro-active business assessment information to make sound business decisions (e.g. product line profitability, investment trade-offs).
- Have knowledge of and willingness to learn about digital tools that could improve efficiency and drive better forecasting and decision making. These tools include but not limited to Power BI, automation, and machine learning.
- Responsible to provide timely, accurate and insightful reporting to the Group VP Finance, Divisional leadership and other stakeholders as requested and as required to ensure key business issues are communicated and acted upon in a timely manner.
- Identify and work with other groups/divisions to find best in class thinking from across the company to implement within SDG.
- Business case preparation and financial analysis/justifications of investment projects and customer contract proposals for larger/more strategic Group projects as assigned. Includes financial modeling to ensure appropriate resource allocation and return on investment.
- Assist in the preparation and consolidation of the annual strategic plan, annual budget, monthly forecasts, and monthly results analyses
- Budget owner for SDG Admin costs and variance analyses
- Drive continuous improvement and standardization in reporting within the Group. Understand key divisional operating metrics (price realization, volume performance, SMG&A spending, cost of quality, etc.) and measure performance to the established metrics.
- Establish effective working relationships with divisional finance leaders and FP&A teams, site controllers, and Business leaders.
- Be the bridge between SDG divisions and Corporate ensuring timely and accurate submissions from the divisions as well as resolve reporting issues identified.
- Drive creation and assist in delivery of executive presentations
- Perform special projects and ad-hoc financial reporting as required
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting or related field. CPA/MBA preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in progressive finance roles in financial planning & analysis
- Experience working within a complex, matrix environment with a track record of developing strong relationships at all levels within an organization
- Strong knowledge of Excel (i.e., financial models and analysis), Cognos reporting tool (or equivalent), Powerpoint, PowerBI and Hyperion Financial Management (HFM).
- Critical attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent communication capabilities, identifying and addressing issues via an open, candid dialog.
- Possess strong leadership skills and exceptional analytical and problem solving abilities
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Self motivated with high bias for action
- Track record of developing meaningful relationships at all levels within an organization – at both the business unit and divisional level, and can operate effectively in a matrix reporting structure
- High level of energy; can bring a passion to excel. Able to energize and influence a wide spectrum of people, including senior financial and operational professionals.
- Possess a strong set of personal and business values that coincide with those of the 4Is.
- Believes in and demands accountability.
- Ability to thrive and manage in a complex, global business environment.
- The successful candidate should expect travel of up to 15%.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/73752511
Apply on company website