Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $30 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 80,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is making a significant investment in the dynamic and rapidly growing Cell Therapy space. Our Cell Therapy organization within the Pharma Services Group, is one of the fastest growing areas of Thermo Fisher Scientific. We focus on providing development and clinical scale services, which include gene and non-gene modified cell processing for a variety of unmet medical needs.
- Lead the strategic vision and mission of the cell processing sciences business by reporting directly to the GM of Cell Therapy Services and serving as a part of the leadership team.
- Lead research and process development activities to optimize Thermo Fisher technology (tools, products and platforms) related to manufacturing immunotherapies for clinical trials.
- Lead and oversee all activities of Thermo Fisher's Cell Therapy Collaboration Centers by
- Testing new manufacturing technologies and platforms in partnership with R&D.
- Showcasing new technologies to Thermo Fisher's customers through partnerships for early adoption to win new business.
- Advance the integration of Thermo Fisher service offerings by working with leaders from other related business units to provide customers with “one-stop” solutions in the cell therapy space.
- Lead the organizations that will provide Process Development and Analytical Services and all related customer-facing and revenue-generating activities.
- Provide expertise and direction to teams for customer technology transfer of complex processes, process development, process change evaluation and comparability assessment and technology transfer to GMP manufacturing teams.
- Provide leadership to assigned staff by performing the following: leading organizational change; developing and empowering staff; cultivating relationships; putting staff in a position to succeed, meeting their personal career goals while also achieving organizational goals; building effective teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals; driving engagement and creating a climate where staff are motivated to do their best.
- Maintain thought and knowledge leadership by regularly researching and publishing papers and attending scientific seminars and conferences.
- Expertise in functional area recognized throughout entire organization. Knowledge and expertise may be leveraged throughout organization and not limited to site.
- Train and mentor less experienced scientists/managers and provide technical leadership.
- Direct a large team of people leaders and scientists with the goal of driving customer engagement and Cell Therapy services revenue through early adoption of disruptive technologies.
- Serve as a consultant and technical expert to executive management in order to generate new leads.
- Act as lead on multiple programs and provide guidance to other program managers.
- Investigate, design, and validate new scientific methodologies on highly critical, unique, and complex projects related to cell therapy process science.
- Plan and manage significant technical/scientific project activities to execute strategies and provide solutions that meet and exceed client needs and expectations through broad expertise.
- Lead technical discussions with clients with a high level of technical and scientific proficiency.
- Bachelor's degree required in biology, chemistry, biochemistry, biomedical engineering or related field. Master's degree or PHD preferred.
- 10+ years of experience related to process development in cell therapy or related discipline and/or GMP manufacturing experience in cell therapy or pharmaceuticals.
- Experience in leading process development or GMP manufacturing activities in a CDMO, pharmaceutical industry or academic laboratory
- 8+ years of experience leading and managing teams of managers, supervisors and scientists.
- Advanced and deep knowledge of principles, concepts, and practices in cell-based manufacturing practices, known as a subject matter expert (SME) in that discipline, and good knowledge of principles and concepts of other relevant disciplines.
- Thorough knowledge of regulatory issues and their impacts on cell therapy manufacturing.
- Strong knowledge of general procedures and those specific to discipline.
- Strong knowledge of GMP regulations as it pertains to best practices in cGMP manufacturing.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills.
- Strong MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word skills. Microsoft Project skills preferred.
- Excellent organization and planning skills.
- Ability to function in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to travel (up to 20%).
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 80,000 extraordinary minds have a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/83857447
Apply on company website