Job Title: Clinical Supply Chain Manager - Clinical Supplies Optimisation
Internal Job Title: Senior Supply Chain Specialist
Reports to: Director Supply Chain
Group and Division: Pharma Services Group - Clinical Trials Division
Career Band: 7
Position Location: Remote / Home Based within the UK
Number of Direct Reports: 0
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
As Clinical Supply Chain Manager you will be responsible for planning and managing designated clinical supply chain management team activities for the Fisher Clinical Services (FCS) Clinical Supply Optimization Services (CSOS) unit. You will work with FCS clients, packaging sites, depots, Clinical Supply Chain Managers and Drug Supply Coordinators to understand the supply chain requirements and manage clinical trial materials on a study or program level.
We're offering a fantastic opportunity to work as part of large, stable and growing global company. You will be working as part of an extensive international team, working within the notable and important area of clinical trials. You will develop strong working relationships across the division and with our customers. You will work across a range of projects and will be able to develop your knowledge and experience, and you will have broad exposure and good visibility. The role is available as the previous employee has taken on another exciting role within the business.
We have a number of positions available and are looking for people who are highly organised and able to manage projects: people who are proactive and driven in their style of working and who have exceptional communication and relationship building skills.
This role can be worked remotely within the UK.
Your responsibilities will include
- Designing and implementing strategic plans to forecast and supply study drugs to global clinical trials, using sound supply chain techniques
- Devising and implementing inventory management plans
- Reviewing, interpreting and implementing supply forecast plans from internal or external source documents and tools.
- Providing input into user requirement specifications of Interactive Response Technology (IRT) medication management module as needed.
- Reviewing IRT strategy to ensure it supports the strategic supply plans and that IRT settings are adjusted to optimize the supply chain
- Proactively identifying potential supply chain issues, providing analysis and recommending solutions
- Performing study close out activities including returned good reconciliation, inventory destruction processing, and file archiving
- Summarizing data, preparing presentations and making recommendations for action relative to the clinical supply chain and packaging plans
- Developing and providing clients with reports on actual project spend versus budget
- Negotiating effectively with clients regarding study plan without damaging relationships
- Working with both internal and client Project teams to ensure consistent communication of clinical trial material supply status. Identifying potential risks, defining and executing risk mitigation plans.
The skills, abilities and experience we are looking for:
- Strong experience in successfully and proactively managing supply chain projects.
- Experienced in building and managing forecasts for supply chains
- Demand planning experience
- Experienced in interacting directly with clients
- Experience of working with clinical trials - preferred
- Ability to independently manage priorities and working day in a remote setting
- Ability to analyse complex data and make informed decisions.
- Strong customer service orientation
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work as part of a cross-functional, global team
- Exemplary communication skills, in English.
- Confident IT skills, including high proficiency in Excel
- Experience using one of the following systems/technologies: IRT (Interactive response technology) - IWRS (Interactive Web Response System) - IXRS (Interactive Voice/Web Response System) - IVRS (Interactive Voice Response System) - beneficial
- Understanding of inventory management practices - preferred
- Experience working in GxP regulated environment, ISO, or other heavily regulated environment – beneficial
- Project Management professional certification - preferred.
- APICS certification (CPIM) - desirable.
- Bachelor's degree in operations/business/project management or a science-related field – preferred
What's in it for you:
- Competitive base salary
- Remote working
- Annual bonus
- Contributory pension
- Private medical insurance
- Flexible benefits
- Opportunities for career development and progression
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them.
Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivalled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands.
With Thermo Fisher Scientific, it's not just a career. It's a chance to realise your best – professionally and personally.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/82095029
Apply on company website