This Position is located in Rockville, MD
Position Summary: The Project Manager manages and co-ordinates across all technical and service aspects of a project. This will range from initial discussions with clients, development of the project requirements, documentation aspects of setting up the project and management of all project related activities through to study completion. Project Managers act in a consultative role to offer clients solutions to complex projects and services and will collaborate and coordinate internal teams to meet client expectations as well as company goals.
- Manages the delivery of all technical and service aspects of projects and studies for clients.
- Determines the preliminary design of the study and evaluates and understands the study.
- Serves as the internal link within the company and will have direct contact with all internal departments and direct one on one contact with external customers.
- Initiates the involvement of appropriate departments, maintaining continuous communication with those departments, and ensures the work delivered to customers is of a consistently high standard.
- Attends Project Meetings at the business or customer site. Leads and represents the business at kick off meetings as required by the customer.
- Leads and facilitates customer teleconferences, visits and audits as required, and provides timely provision of customer reports and updates.
- Interacts with Quality Assurance/Regulatory personnel to drive Problem Reports to closure.
- Ensures customer needs are properly translated into quotation, and has responsibility to monitor and amend the quote and budget as required.
- Provides accurate and timely financial forecasting and reporting.
- Responsible for revenue recognition for projects and verifies final information for Accounting Department prior to invoices release.
- Participates in cross-functional business process improvement activities as required.
- Works closely together with the account manager to gain overall customer satisfaction.
- Applies Good Manufacturing Principles in all areas of responsibility.
- Demonstrates and promotes the company vision.
- Requires understanding and competent use of SOPs required by company Quality standards.
- Requires excellent organizational, planning, verbal, written and numerical skills with the ability to analyze and define solutions and manage multiple tasks to meet strict deadlines.
- Requires strong and effective communicator with the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and clients.
- Requires ability to develop strong customer management skills; proactively anticipates, understands, and responds to the needs of clients to meet or exceed their expectations.
- Requires knowledge of all internal systems associated with projects (i.e. Salesforce, Master Control Trackwise, IN-TRAK II and GPM, if applicable per site).
- Requires accredited college, university or recognized professional degree, preferably in a health related field. Prefer advanced degree in a health related field.
- Requires 3 years of successful experience in clinical trial project management as an Associate Project Manager or Project Manager.
- Requires in depth understanding of clinical trials.
- Requires strong interpersonal and communication skills to include excellent relationship building.
- Requires proficiency in personal computer applications (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook).
- Requires proven experience with customers in a dynamic environment.
- Requires excellent communication, organizational skills and project co-ordination skills.
- Prefer proficiency in appropriate project planning tools e.g. Microsoft Project to communicate milestones and critical path activities and responsibilities.
- Mastery of basic Project Management concepts as a recognized institution in project
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/75752625
Apply on company website