When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, and you'll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you'll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Chemical Account Manager is part of the Laboratory Chemicals Division (LCD) which provides smart chemistry solutions for the pharmaceutical, agrochemical, diagnostic, detection, electronic, fuel cell, paints and coatings markets. LCD supports our academic, commercial, CRO, industry and government customers from research and development through to manufacturing throughout the world.
This position is covering Midwest territory which includes MO, KS, NE, IA, MN, NE, SD, ND.
Up to 50% customer facing field travel
How will you make an impact?
The Chemical Account Manager is responsible for achieving incremental sales growth of the Thermo Fisher Laboratory Chemicals product lines (Analytical Reagents, Fisher Chemicals, Fisher BioReagents, Acros Organics, Alfa Aesar, Affymetrix, and Maybridge Discovery Chemicals) in target accounts and new business development accounts in the territory, which encompasses MO, KS, IL, IA, and NE. You will manage all aspects of the territory including account/segment selling, strategy development and execution, competitive intelligence gathering, new business development, and sell through multiple distribution partners. You will also represent the entire Thermo Fisher Laboratory Chemical portfolio to the various industries in the territory, via strong selling activity as well as involvement in technical seminars and industry organizations. All available internal and external resources will be leveraged to creatively and aggressively grow our Chemicals business in the territory.
What will you do?
- Develop strategic and tactical sales plans to pursue aggressive incremental growth of our Analytical Reagents, BioReagents and Discovery Chemicals businesses in the assigned territory.
- Schedule and conduct formal sales activities, including capabilities-based presentations; focus groups; technical seminars; and new product launches to drive sales.
- Represent and promote the Laboratory Chemicals' value proposition at all levels within your accounts, and in the industry.
- Provide market intelligence and appropriate detail regarding account sales position as requested.
- Direct daily sales activities to ensure customer focus, prompt customer response, and customer follow-up where required.
- Coordinate and interface with various colleagues of Thermo Fisher Scientific to develop appropriate synergies and to promote the growth of our overall Chemicals business.
- Coordinate and engage with various levels of the distribution sales team- including managers, directors and local sales representatives.
- Execute joint calls with distribution representatives as needed to provide sales and product training, and further technical sales activities.
How will you get here?
Minimum of Bachelor's Degree
- 2-3 Years Sales Experience
- 1-3 Years Sales Experience in the Life sciences or Healthcare field preferred but not required
- New Business/Hunter type sales background preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Must have a detailed understanding of product profitability and general business financials
- Strong organization, multitasking and project management skill set
- Strong CRM Utilization Skills
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 80,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/82438591
Apply on company website