Location/Division Specific Information
Fair Lawn, NJ/ Laboratory Chemical Division
How will you make an impact?
Now is an exciting time to join our Manufacturing & Distribution team, a team dedicated to ensuring our customers receive the products they need to achieve their scientific goals – quickly, reliably and safely. Our Bridgewater, NJ site is ramping up to support the fight against COVID-19. If you believe in working the right way for the right reason join our growing team today!
What will you do as a Chemical Packager?
- Performs weighing, filling, labeling, and other packaging operations
- General warehouse duties relating to packaging materials such as unloading bottle trucks and keeping packaging materials in order.
- Completes necessary information for recordkeeping.
- Transports bulk material, bottles, caps and supplies to filling location.
- Transports packaging goods to warehouse.
- Sets up scale, check bottle size, set up containers to be filled.
- Sees that all specifications and special instructions are followed on the job card or instruction card.
- Performs necessary quality checks. Checks materials to see that they are correct
- Responsible for working safely and for producing quality products.
- Responsible for maintaining assigned equipment clean and in good condition.
How will you get here?
- High school diploma or GED required
Experience preferred for a Chemical Packager:
- Previous experience in a chemical environment is preferred
- Previous warehouse and/or manufacturing experience ideal
- Respirator and Fork Truck operating experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Chemical Packager candidate must be comfortable working in an environment with hazardous and non-hazardous materials
- Effective verbal and written communication skills including detail orientation and accuracy in documentation
- Ability to work alternately in a seated or standing position is required
- Knowledge of safety practices is desirable
- Will perform all other duties as may apply to the existing job description
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/82438584
Apply on company website